• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Team Game
11-17-2018, 07:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-17-2018, 07:24 AM by c00per.)
Team Game
Is there still reliable teams out there if my real life bud Liquidsky, and I wanted to team a campaign against another two players. Back in 2008 someone put on a team elimination ladder which was a ton of fun.
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2018, 05:40 AM,
RE: Team Game
I'm on some solid teams, but I don't know if my teammates have the capacity to handle another one...and my turn rate can be slow because of some of the monster games I'm playing lol
11-20-2018, 01:47 AM,
That sounds like a really cool idea actually. I'd totally be up for a team game as well, especially if its one with a narrow scope (like short or medium size, not too many turns).
11-20-2018, 05:55 AM,
(11-20-2018, 01:47 AM)PriestLizard Wrote: That sounds like a really cool idea actually. I'd totally be up for a team game as well, especially if its one with a narrow scope (like short or medium size, not too many turns).

Um... Team Games are by nature conducted in large or very large scenarios with 100+ game turns.  Smile
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
11-21-2018, 04:59 AM,
But, any game can be a team game. Just depends on how many forces you what to control. Generally, they are for the bigger scenarios.
11-21-2018, 05:34 AM,
Indeed, primarily team games allow players with limited time to participate in the larger scenarios which often have a huge number of units than they could hope to play on their own, they also allow for a mix of player abilities and no one player can control every friendly unit on the map.

Of course there is absolutely nothing to prevent teams playing smaller scenarios either.  Wink
11-21-2018, 05:43 AM,
With the right opponents, team games can be alot of fun.
11-21-2018, 06:25 AM,
I´ve played a few team games, one of them took years to finish, but it was one of the best games I´ve played.
Also, I always had in mind a team game, should be a medium scenario, where the players don´t have entire armies divided between themselves, but rather divisions. I mean in such a manner, that one player would not have two divisions sitting next to each other under his command. That could have some high ´simulation´ value as well :)
11-23-2018, 08:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-23-2018, 08:06 AM by c00per.)
Thanks for the feedback guys. So myself and liquidsky are as reliable as they come so I guess we just need to chat some and figure out what scenario then hopefully find a reliable team. That final part always make me nervous you would hate to invest hours, and hours into a game then a flake team goes mia.
11-23-2018, 12:01 PM,
If that happens, he can be replaced.