• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Sad news
10-28-2018, 02:57 AM,
Sad news
I have just recently had sad news from one our members, Gary Collins whose Blitzkrieg avatar is XLVIII Pz Korps. Several years ago he had liver cancer but was fortunate to receive a liver transplant. It appears that cancer has once again returned on the new liver. He is currently undergoing medical tests to learn what the prognosis is. I hope that everyone will say a prayer for a healthy recovery.

Gil
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2018, 04:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-28-2018, 04:09 AM by Compass Rose.)
RE: Sad news
Thanks Gil  for taking the time to keep us in the loop about all that Gary is going through.

Chad
10-28-2018, 04:48 AM,
Ugh, that's terrible. Thoughts and prayers for Gary and his family.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
10-28-2018, 05:23 AM,
Yes, my thoughts and prayers for Gary and his family also!

Thanks Gil for sharing this news.

John
10-28-2018, 08:30 AM,
Thanks Gil, prayers sent!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
10-28-2018, 08:51 AM,
Thanks Gil for letting us know.
Prayers going his way.

Ed
10-28-2018, 11:43 PM,
What terrible news. Get well soon Gary!
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-29-2018, 02:23 AM,
Wishing you all the best, Gary!

You can beat it!

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
10-30-2018, 05:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-30-2018, 05:53 AM by XLVIII Pz. Korp.)
Thanks all for the kind words and prayers. I have since had an MRI which has confirmed the recurrence.  Physically I feel fine.  I feel no different today than a week ago when I had no knowledge of this.  Being a transplant recipient I've been on a short medical leash for years.  No more than 3 months go by before I have to undergo blood tests or an Ultrasound.  In this case it was an Ultrasound which revealed the recurrence.  Six months ago Ultrasound scans showed a healthy liver.  With that knowledge I know at least that this is being caught early.  I think the most "frustrating" thing about this is feeling like I'm back where I was three years ago.

Well, the XLVIII Pz. Korp  had the reputation for being a fire brigade unit in the East.  I've just rec'd my orders to put out a big fire and I'm hoping for the best.

Again, thanks for your thoughts and support.

Gary
10-30-2018, 07:46 AM,
Oh boy,

Sorry to hear this. Having had my own health issues recently I commiserate with you and keep you in my thoughts and prayers