• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Happy Birthday Outlaw Josey Wales!
10-19-2018, 08:38 PM,
This Just In  Happy Birthday Outlaw Josey Wales!
Happy Birthday Mark!

Birthday2

May you have many many more!

First 58 are on me, drink up and enjoy your day!

cheers

Ivan the Big Cigar5
Quote this message in a reply
10-19-2018, 10:37 PM,
RE: Happy Birthday Outlaw Josey Wales!
Happy birthday! Wine
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-20-2018, 01:45 AM,
Thanks guys!
10-20-2018, 01:10 PM,
HAP--Py BIrThdAy!!!

Band

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
10-21-2018, 06:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-21-2018, 06:12 AM by Dan Caviness.)
Congratulations on making another 940,000,000 kilometers as the Earth speeds around the Sun!

I always get a kick out of your user name, as the movie was one of my all time favorites.
I am reminded of the line close to the end where the Union soldier (Fletcher?) asks the old guy in the bar...who was played by Royal Dano...about Josey's whereabouts.

The old drunk tells him this yarn about how 5 outlaw pistoleros gunned him down in Mexico when Fletcher says:
"I don't believe no 5 pistoleros could gun down no Josey Wales"...so Dano grins...and says..."Maybe it was 10!"

That movie has so many great quotes I put it up there with The Good The Bad and The Ugly for all time favorite western.

Other fantastic lines include:

"Ain't we gonna bury him Josey?" 
Eastwood spits a nasty chaw of tobacco juice on the corpse and says..."Buzzards gotta eat...same as the worms..."
10-23-2018, 03:01 AM,
I think the best line is when the Bounty Hunter says "man's got to make a living". Josey says "Dyin ain't much of a livin, boy".
10-23-2018, 03:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-23-2018, 03:38 AM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
One change to the Game
Wrong thread.  Post has been moved.
10-23-2018, 03:36 AM,
RE: One change to the Game
(10-23-2018, 03:31 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: I said years ago that I think one change that should be made or at least tested with an extra copy of the game, is fixing the Inf types.  When you have a full strength tank platoon, it is 5 vehicles.  But a platoon of Inf is 6 strength points.  Why not change it to 30 men or whatever the number is.  I think it just might make the game better.  PBs is that way and it has been pretty good.  The difference would be PBs is one campaign area where CS scenarios are similar to TOAW covering all kinds of areas.  If it works, it could be another patch for current owners.  I think it would work better and be more realistic than strength points.

Can't disagree with that, Mark. 

Hopefully there's time to implement this to the EF game once it gets out. The infantry steps are half squad each as you know, so three squad platoons are 6SP and four squad platoons are 8SP. We should be able to put in some kind of logic that converts those to # of men, maybe a nation specific modifier based on squad or platoon sizes. 

Same for guns / vehicles. 

Then, hopefully, and improved Strength Dialog too with more information available. 

Would improve things a lot and add to realism, too.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-23-2018, 04:11 AM,
I think guns and vehicles are fine. They are already individuals. Infantry types would be the only change and of course the fire results to number of men.

Also, Am I missing something? Is there a place in the game that would change the tool bar back to the classic look or to be able to remove some of the buttons? I thought I did that in a game. But I checked and the games I have working still look the same. Maybe I dreamed it one night.
10-23-2018, 05:22 AM,
The Classic toolbar is an option with JTCS 2.02. In Menu, look at Options -> Toolbar -> Classic
Visit us at CSLegion.com