• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Heraklion AAR in THE SHARP END GAMING
10-10-2018, 06:13 PM,
Heraklion AAR in THE SHARP END GAMING
Well we are all improving our solar cream reserves and buying shovels and pails to be ready for North Africa picnic BUT PzB3 is more than sand and sun... we have rocks and sun to  Helmet Wink

We have last info about the Africa part of titlebut more sporadic info about Crete (basically pics) but yesterday appear some info for it... an AAR covering the Heraklion battle a 16 turn scen with an interesting tactical situation with a race to win as german and allied troops trying defeat them or at least nagate the total victory.

AAR has the scen briefing and a good selection of pics even showing greek troops for me the other interesting army in the title because they are going to have special situation sure, they lack heavy weapons and quality is going to be very random if they follow the aproximation to "greek problem" used in Salerno43.

http://thesharpendgaming.blogspot.com/20...rical.html

Good thing is have AAR could means that title is closer than we expect... if they pre-present it like they did with PzB Normandy in weekend pills maybe we can have in late october or early november an invasion of info about PzB3  Respect4
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2018, 11:03 PM,
RE: Heraklion AAR in THE SHARP END GAMING
And because i am  Propeller Hat   i didnt see the 2nd AAR covering attack over Tobruk in 30 april, 20 turns  Whistle 

http://thesharpendgaming.blogspot.com/20...il-30.html
10-11-2018, 02:33 AM,
This is super stuff, Xaver ! Now yet another game I shall have to buy from JTS ! <twist my rubber arm>
10-11-2018, 05:09 AM,
Well, i am a simple messenger and is allways good come with good news/info like for example next AAR in "The Sharp End Gaming" is going to cover italians at war "Fall of Sidi Barrani" and looks like italians were more a nut to crack and not an egg Salute6
10-11-2018, 07:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-11-2018, 08:42 PM by Xaver.)
A little suggestion, now that we have a dedicated guy doing AARs for PzB-NA41 could be interesting you add in the WDS blog a link to his blog entries and help potential customers find easier the new info and content about titles and future titles... one problem with HPS-JTS is that information is very fragmented and find info-AARs and other valuable stuff is like search a relic in one of the 3 Indiana Jones movies Big Grin2 and do this help you offer content and info without use your development time to create it.

Even is possible you create polls in the blitz to ask customers what info they want see or similar, i liked how you asked what info we want know first about title.

EDIT: new AAR avaliable, fall of Sidi Barrani... all this AARs and info in short time.... long life to the wargamer happy hour!!! Cheers4

http://thesharpendgaming.blogspot.com/20...-sidi.html
10-12-2018, 07:23 PM,
Xaver,

I am cross posting them at the WDS Facebook page. I may as you suggest ultimately put a blog post up with all the AAR's linked, but Facebook seems to be more timely;

https://www.facebook.com/WargameDesignStudio/

As an aside JC has just put up a video of Mersa Brega game play. More for new users etc.

David
10-12-2018, 07:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2018, 07:25 PM by Strela.)
Also, there was an issue with the variable VP's in the Sidi Barrani AAR. The values were reversed. Chris who played the scenario would have achieved a minor victory with the adjusted score in the new scenario.

David
10-12-2018, 09:10 PM,
Thanks for the info, i am not an user of facadebook and is not included in my "JTS parade" in blogs and forums digging for info  Big Grin2

The good part in video and the image provided in "Real and simulated wars" is show more the scens included with valuable info (briefing, scen duration) and i admit that the images used in this case for the scen selection panel are very good, i think without bright effects in these images they offer a more attrative look (in video the painting effect is perfect).

The scen in video is the same or a variant from Demo is good for players that "skip" the demo... a link to demo in the video could be usefull.

Ok, i understand that the new objetive point system is going to need some extra work, years creating scens with the old system is going to made us enter in a system of "trial and error" even the best dev team cant cover all situations... give a wargamer a game and he is going to break something find a bug and exploit it  Helmet Wink

I liked to this from video posts ... 

"There is no release date yet. But it is not far away."

Expect we can have it in HD soon, all info in last days...  Waiting2
10-12-2018, 09:26 PM,
(10-12-2018, 09:10 PM)Xaver Wrote: The scen in video is the same or a variant from Demo is good for players that "skip" the demo... a link to demo in the video could be usefull

I liked to this from video posts ... 

"There is no release date yet. But it is not far away."

Expect we can have it in HD soon, all info in last days...  Waiting2

Hi,

The Mersa Brega scenario included in the upcoming game is different to the one released in the Demo. After the demo, we were given some much better research and have changed the original scenario. It plays quite differently to the demo version.

As far as release, everyone is working hard. There have been some issues found recently from a bug perspective as well as some scenarios to complete. Add to that issues such as the Sidi Barrani VP issue which was impacted due to a scenario editor modification and were deep checking all is ok.

I’m working hard on documentation (as shown in our last blog post), but there is still a lot to do. We have a date in mind but it is coming at us very quickly, so it will be ready when it’s ready!

David
10-13-2018, 12:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-13-2018, 12:45 AM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
Can't wait for this one to be out. Would love to see Market-Garden next. Other WF battles before anywhere else. Nowhere was small unit tactics even close to WF standards. IMO.