• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Debacle at Kasserine Pass
11-11-2018, 06:19 AM,
RE: Debacle at Kasserine Pass
The West has been more slow going all day. After fighting most of the morning and afternoon, the defending troops retreated towards Bou Chebka. The American and Allied troops have prepared fighting positions on the slopes and are firing down on the attacking Italians. Luckily, my artillery here is unlimbered and good to go, firing and disrupting the defenders. 

[Image: ZnNmqymh.png]
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2018, 09:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-11-2018, 11:28 AM by evaught93.)
As night falls, 10th Panzer moves into position to advance along the Hatab River road. 15th Panzer and supporting infantry are either encircling British armor or advancing north towards the nearest objective in the rough ground to the Northwest. 

[Image: qCpqHt4h.png] 
At this time I forgot men need to be on foot to go through rough ground, this allowing the opportunity for the isolated units to escape. However, a few well placed assaults have caused the surrounded stack to lose plenty of men and vehicles.
11-11-2018, 09:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-11-2018, 11:30 AM by evaught93.)
The West has seen bitter fighting for the slopes along Highway 10, Italian engineers have captured the initial trenches but are fatigued. Most of the armor and infantry here are highly fatigued, so I have them rest for the night.

[Image: 0vD9si8h.png]
11-11-2018, 09:58 AM,
VP's for the second day.

[Image: woXyGoRh.png]

Losses continue to climb for both sides but with the capture of Kasserine Pass itself, I manage to reach a minor.