• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hard times ahead
09-18-2018, 08:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-19-2018, 01:22 AM by Crossroads.)
Hard times ahead
If you're playing the AI with the coming Campaign Series titles, that is  Whip

Here's my very first attempts at scripted AI for a Winter War scenario. The guys doing Vietnam scenarios have been at it for some time now. And yes, there's an effort on-going providing this retrospectively to Middle East (stock) scenarios as well!

As of now, the idea is that all scenarios would be playable by any of the SIDE A, SIDE B, H2H option. If a certain (or both for that matter) sides are under AI, no more trying to influence AI by setting objectives here and there, the bugger can have a proper battle plan now! 

(right click then open in a new tab for full size pic)

[Image: 6F2F75FF9D604D2B9BE6DC4CFF80C92D.jpg]
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-2018, 02:51 AM,
RE: Hard times ahead
Yikes PLEASE,  DON'T TELL ME THAT IS THE NEW GRAPHICS FOR THE CAMPAIGN SERIES!?   Shocked
09-19-2018, 03:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-19-2018, 03:33 AM by Crossroads.)
Yes, the new 2D graphics. 2D Normal view, to be precise.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-19-2018, 01:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-19-2018, 01:28 PM by Jason Petho.)
Any Campaign Series East Front III screenshot is still in the ALPHA phase.

They are not finalized yet.

Also, don't forget that is a winter scenario.
Send this user an email
09-19-2018, 05:44 PM,
I posted some very early East Front  screenshots a while ago, HERE. The work with East Front 3D has not started yet, so it makes sense to post 2D views as that's more completed at this early stage. Any comments about look and feel, please post there for instance. 

This post was about the new dynamic AI features that will be a feature of all new CS games. Worth a shout imho, so many ways to make the AI opponent behave with tactical intelligence.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-20-2018, 05:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-20-2018, 05:31 AM by zap.)
(09-19-2018, 05:44 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: I posted some very early East Front  screenshots a while ago, HERE. The work with East Front 3D has not started yet, so it makes sense to post 2D views as that's more completed at this early stage. Any comments about look and feel, please post there for instance. 

This post was about the new dynamic AI features that will be a feature of all new CS games. Worth a shout imho, so many ways to make the AI opponent behave with tactical intelligence.

The chits, the colors yellow and blue. Are these minor countries? I would prefer colors regularly associated with the principal countries to used.
09-20-2018, 03:32 PM,
Hello Zap, Finns and Soviets. What do you mean by regularly associated colors?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-21-2018, 01:23 AM,
(09-20-2018, 03:32 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: Hello Zap, Finns and Soviets. What do you mean by regularly associated colors?

Russian chits in CS are brown. I associate brown to Russian not yellow.
09-21-2018, 02:29 AM,
(09-21-2018, 01:23 AM)zap Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 03:32 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: Hello Zap, Finns and Soviets. What do you mean by regularly associated colors?

Russian chits in CS are brown. I associate brown to Russian not yellow.

Ah OK. Well, it is a brownish yellow   Propeller Hat

Early days for chit design at this stage, and this post was supposed to be about teaching AI military tactics  Helmet Wink
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-21-2018, 02:54 AM,
Missed the reference to graphics will post there. But divergence to strange colors will probably make me hesitate on this. Yellow is unfamiliar, therefore ugly.