• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Update on France ‘40 Gold
07-21-2018, 03:39 PM,
Update on France ‘40 Gold
Hi all,

We just posted a big blog post on some of the work being done on France ‘40 Gold.

It’s a Long read, but worth your time.

http://www.wargamedesignstudio.com/2018/...-part-two/

David
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2018, 10:57 PM,
RE: Update on France ‘40 Gold
Ok - this is a nice gesture on the part of the WDS to update an older game. I guess my question will be: Will it result in more sales to the point where it pays for the time and energy (and I hope funding) that went into doing all of that work.

The larger map is definitely appreciated. I am not sure that adding in all of those weapons units for the battalions was worth it. There are already a lot of units to move in that large campaign game. I know that the couple of times I played France '40 it seemed like there was too many units to move around.

It would be nice that when you do the Bulge '44 game you add in some heavy weapons units for the Germans so that when the usual Allied counterattack begins they have a better chance of defending. Usually the VG units fold fairly easy. Maybe adding in a hvy weapons unit or adding in some additional defensive value would help.
07-23-2018, 01:35 AM,
Amazing article-thanks to all of the team that are working to make this happen!! I can't wait to get a campaign going in this one!!
07-23-2018, 06:36 AM,
I'm excited as well. I look forward to releasing a new version of my Calais'44 campaign scenario with the expanded map.
07-24-2018, 02:19 PM,
Nice work on the gold update. Looking forward to this one. Thanks to the team.
07-25-2018, 04:00 AM,
Hell of a read and a huge amount of work, lets hope players try out the new scenarios and maps to make all that work worthwhile!

Well done everyone involved.
07-27-2018, 06:09 AM,
That is a great improvement of the original campaign, looking forward playing this.
07-27-2018, 09:59 PM,
The work WDS is doing is so impressive and this project is just amazing. It will be awesome to have most or all of Case Yellow in this new version. I sincerely hope that the team will be rewarded in some way for this tremendous level of work and support.

Thanks so much for all you guys are doing for the Tiller games. You're breathing new life into them.
07-28-2018, 04:16 AM,
(07-27-2018, 09:59 PM)Lohengrin Wrote: I sincerely hope that the team will be rewarded in some way for this tremendous level of work and support.
It was an incredibly brave and honorable decision to provide for free the extensive Gold updates for current PzC owners. Hopefully the abundance of Gold updates is generating enough buzz to prompt gamers to visit the JTS store and actually making purchases for titles they don't already own. But I think the greatest "reward" would be successful sales of Panzer Battles.
07-29-2018, 01:52 AM,
Indeed over the years JT has proved how much he values his customers by updating all the titles to the same feature level so there are no "old" titles from that perspective and also giving the Gold makeover for free to existing customers!  Big Grin