• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Rubble
07-11-2018, 09:23 PM,
Rubble
Playing Battles of Normandy. The Utah scenario.

I have 3 squads of approx 30 men each and it is taking forever to clear "rubble".

They have been in the hex for 3 turns.

I have seen obstacles and mines are cleared in one turn and I am wondering how long and how many engineers does it take.
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2018, 05:11 AM,
RE: Rubble
This is from the rule book:

" The probability that the rubble will be cleared in the hex is half the Digging-In Parameter Data value per turn." The pdt files show a value of 3. What I don't know is how that value is then translated. Perhaps it translates into an engineering unit having a 1.5% chance each turn to remove rubble. Someone of more knowledge can address that if needed.

And clearing mines is treated differently as they are automatically reduced by 1 each turn a valid eng unit is present.

Hope that helps

Atheory
07-12-2018, 07:42 AM,
(07-12-2018, 05:11 AM)Ocito80 Wrote: This is from the rule book:

" The probability that the rubble will be cleared in the hex is half the Digging-In Parameter Data value per turn." The pdt files show a value of 3. What I don't know is how that value is then translated. Perhaps it translates into an engineering unit having  a 1.5% chance each turn to remove rubble. Someone of more knowledge can address that if needed.

1.5% chance, that is correct.
07-12-2018, 07:47 AM,
(07-12-2018, 07:42 AM)berto Wrote:

" The probability that the rubble will be cleared in the hex is half the Digging-In Parameter Data value per turn." The pdt files show a value of 3. What I don't know is how that value is then translated. Perhaps it translates into an engineering unit having  a 1.5% chance each turn to remove rubble. Someone of more knowledge can address that if needed.

and that percentage never changes???
07-12-2018, 07:57 AM,
(07-12-2018, 07:47 AM)dukemat Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 07:42 AM)berto Wrote:

and that percentage never changes???

Yes, apparently so.
07-12-2018, 09:23 PM,
so........no matter how long or how many engineers are working to remove rubble, the chance or removing said rubble always remains the same.

that seems very unrealistic.
07-13-2018, 05:50 AM,
There has been rumblings by PzC players over the years over this feature, many players don't bother to waste an engineer unit clearing rubble as the % chances of clearing it are so low.

However if you are desperate and you have some engineers not doing anything then you just might be lucky...... Wink
07-14-2018, 05:57 AM,
(07-13-2018, 05:50 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: There has been rumblings by PzC players over the years over this feature, many players don't bother to waste an engineer unit clearing rubble as the % chances of clearing it are so low.

However if you are desperate and you have some engineers not doing anything then you just might be lucky...... Wink

too bad a player can't create "rubble" in a road hex.........that would slow down those tanks. ROTFLMAO
07-14-2018, 05:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-14-2018, 05:10 PM by Xaver.)
(07-14-2018, 05:57 AM)dukemat Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 05:50 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: There has been rumblings by PzC players over the years over this feature, many players don't bother to waste an engineer unit clearing rubble as the % chances of clearing it are so low.

too bad a player can't create "rubble" in a road hex.........that would slow down those tanks. ROTFLMAO

You can do it, simple leave an armored unit in the hex and leave enemy kill it... your mechanized rubble unit... but is not possible do the same with infantry or arty units  Big Grin2