• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question on use of T30 Howitzer Motor Carriage
07-11-2018, 10:54 AM,
Question on use of T30 Howitzer Motor Carriage
Hello:

I have a question about using the T30 HMC.

I am playing the Devils to Isernia scenario for CMFI. I am trying to coordinate a fire mission between a spotter and a T30 HMC.

I am operating the T30 HMC behind a hill. I attempted a previous fire mission using the T30 HMC. However, the T30 HMC did not arc its fire enough and caused a couple of friendly casualties!!!! I would not have done this had I known the T30 HMC would not adjust its arc of fire.

Anyway, I called for another fire mission, but this time I noticed that the T30 HMC wanted to back up 50 meters off the board. The problem is that the T30 HMC cannot back up that far on the game's generated map. I am not sure why it needs to back up. It seems like the T30 HMC could arc its gun high enough to clear the hill it is behind, but it is not doing so. The hill is not that high and I assumed the T30 HMC acted like regular artillery.

Thus, my questions. If I see that the T30 HMC needs to back up as it is preparing to fire, but is not doing so, does this mean that the artillery cannot adjust its arc enough to get off a good shot? Is the T30 HMC unable to arc its cannon in a complete 90 degree angle?  Does the T30 HMC require a direct shot to fire its weapon like and assault gun? How much space does the T30 HMC need to launch a shot?

Thank you for your time and attention.
Quote this message in a reply