• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

"Best" custom scenarios?
06-12-2018, 02:27 AM,
"Best" custom scenarios?
Gents,

We are *slowly* working on updates for this series...likely won't be out till 2019 however. Anyway, inspired by the "Gold" treatment WDS is giving the Panzer Campaigns Series I'd like to do something similar for the SB games. So wanted to see if there were any custom scenarios people play that are really solid and would be candidates for inclusion in the official updates?

I also spoke with Ed a few months back and we'll be rolling in his Top Down mods to the official updates.

Thanks,
Rich
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2018, 03:42 AM,
RE: "Best" custom scenarios?
[Image: 88c44f288fhooray8.gif]

[Image: d76632cc35hurray2.gif]

[Image: f2fddb64efparty-103.gif]
06-12-2018, 08:11 AM,
For any of the older WWII games, anything that Oz or Mike have up in TFE4 would be a starting point.

I am willing to come out of semi-retirement to help on this....
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
06-12-2018, 08:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-12-2018, 08:17 AM by kolc.)
(06-12-2018, 02:27 AM)rahamy Wrote: Gents,

We are *slowly* working on updates for this series...likely won't be out till 2019 however. Anyway, inspired by the "Gold" treatment WDS is giving the Panzer Campaigns Series I'd like to do something similar for the SB games. So wanted to see if there were any custom scenarios people play that are really solid and would be candidates for inclusion in the official updates?

I also spoke with Ed a few months back and we'll be rolling in his Top Down mods to the official updates.

Thanks,
Rich

Band

YES! Agree with BRO on Oz scenarios...lets hope Africa at War fits into the grand scheme some how as well...."House to House" for TOD....to start...
06-12-2018, 09:10 AM,
(06-12-2018, 08:16 AM)kolc Wrote:
(06-12-2018, 02:27 AM)rahamy Wrote: Gents,

Thanks,
Rich

Band

YES! Agree with BRO on Oz scenarios...lets hope Africa at War fits into the grand scheme some how as well...."House to House" for TOD....to start...

Mike’s House to House was part of an official TOD update....
06-12-2018, 10:38 AM,
(06-12-2018, 08:11 AM)TheBigRedOne Wrote: For any of the older WWII games, anything that Oz or Mike have up in TFE4 would be a starting point.

I am willing to come out of semi-retirement to help on this....

That would be great, can always use all the help I can get! The goal would be to get the gems the PBEM community has enjoyed for a long while distributed to the 70-80% of the customer base that never engages that way.

The dev forum has a section on this and you should still have access. Thumbs Up
06-12-2018, 10:51 AM,
I've seen "House to House" mentioned in many of the old TOD threads , but I'm not seeing it listed under the scenario selection ? ..... was the name of the scenario changed
Animo Et Fide
06-13-2018, 04:25 AM,
(06-12-2018, 10:51 AM)19Delta Wrote: I've seen "House to House" mentioned in many of the old TOD threads , but I'm not seeing it listed under the scenario selection ? ..... was the name of the scenario changed

Not sure if you bought your game through HPS or JTS.  The update for TOD through HPS that has the House to House scenarios is here:

https://www.hpssims.com/Pages/updates/up_SB/up_SB.asp
06-13-2018, 07:46 AM,
(06-13-2018, 04:25 AM)TheBigRedOne Wrote:
(06-12-2018, 10:51 AM)19Delta Wrote: I've seen "House to House" mentioned in many of the old TOD threads , but I'm not seeing it listed under the scenario selection ? ..... was the name of the scenario changed

Not sure if you bought your game through HPS or JTS.  The update for TOD through HPS that has the House to House scenarios is here:

Currently it is not part of the JTS install (probably none of the free add-ons as shown on the HPS for an series are yet), but they should be. In this case I just grabbed the House to House set by Mike, so it will be added in to the updated versions.

I am also looking at maybe also getting the weapons graphics redone. Part of the goal is changing things to 24 bit bmps from 8 bit.  Plus addressing inconsistencies. Along those lines, FWW I know has planes in its data files where there are no graphics for those. Those are being organised. 

Like Rich (H) mentioned, by all means, that would be great AF, sir ... at the moment, there have been a couple of competing queues to be dealt with (not just my own, too, for that matter.). I had some unit portraits done for the Vietnam games, and I won't be keeping those to myself either, but more on that later on. The plan is to use the top down work by Ed, as the stock, so these others will probably end up as an add-on on the JTS site like other similar material.
Send this user an email
06-13-2018, 10:50 AM,
(06-13-2018, 04:25 AM)TheBigRedOne Wrote:

I see ... I have the JTS version . Salute6
Animo Et Fide