• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario of the Month: May 2018
05-04-2018, 10:25 PM,
RE: Scenario of the Month: May 2018
I'd like to play the CMFI scenario, please.
05-05-2018, 12:39 AM,
I'll take the CMFI scenario please :)

Ta
"But I don't want to see CM's code or any games code. That is like seeing your spouse and your love as hormones and neurons firing in various lobes on PET scans. Some things should just be enjoyed for what they are; and not analyzed any further.
05-05-2018, 04:35 AM,
(05-04-2018, 03:36 AM)s_cm Wrote: I can play the CMBS scenario. Non-ladder game since this is play testing.

No. By default these are ladder games. Testing refers to initial testing of a scenario before it is released. This kind of play is done on tested scenarios that the author's think are ready to go. We want to find out how well they are balanced for H2H play and get some games played to find out. I understand how that feels like testing but that is not the definition used in these match ups.

So by default these games are played as ladder games on Iron mode. If the person you play agrees to play on another realism level or as a non ladder game that is fine but they have every right to say "nope" I want a ladder game on Iron. And by signing up you agree to those terms.

Opponent assignments are random.

Let us know if you still want your name in the draw.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
05-05-2018, 11:50 PM,
(05-05-2018, 04:35 AM)A Canadian Cat Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 03:36 AM)s_cm Wrote: I can play the CMBS scenario. Non-ladder game since this is play testing.

"... If the person you play agrees to play on another realism level or as a non ladder game that is fine but they have every right to say "nope" I want a ladder game on Iron. And by signing up you agree to those terms..."

Ian ...I made this point in another post ... what do you think of adding one more option for the "mutual agreement thing" between players ... that being MIRRORED play ... if BOTH players agree to it then the SOM match could be played that way. Points still would only be awarded ONCE for the scenario tested, NOT TWICE if played mirrored.

I think a lot of us would like that ... not having to be at the mercy of the luck of the draw, especially if you suspect the game might not be very H2H balanced ... also it may be even a better way to evaluate the game as to it's H2H worthiness.  I think if it were an opt-in thing some of us would agree to it. Thoughts?
To The LAST Man, with the LAST round ... We FIGHT!!![Image: CM.png]
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." ~ Napoleon
05-06-2018, 12:00 AM,
I posted my thoughts in your other thread. I personally am not against people playing the games mirrored. Some people like that. Heck I like that if I have already played the scenario once with in tact FOW.

I disagree that playing mirrored is a good way to tell if a scenario is balanced. It might be a good way for *you* to tell but since it breaks the fog of was for the two sides it changed the way they are played. Gathering statistics from many people playing a scenario blind is the best way to tell.

In my not so humble opinion :-)
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
05-06-2018, 03:48 AM,
(05-04-2018, 03:01 AM)raz_atoth Wrote: The CMx2 Blitz ladder tests a couple of scenarios each month. The goal is to determine how well balanced they are for H2H play. The scenarios for testing this month are:

CMFI: The Hills Have Eyes

CMBS:  korsun2017

If interested, please post here specifying which of the above scenarios you wish to playtest.

For those of you unfamiliar on how the SotM works, you can see the guidelines here:
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/s...?tid=68690

Quick note - everyone should have the latest version fully patched for each game.

Please, sign me up for the CMBS game.
Thank you,

Stefano
05-07-2018, 02:32 AM,
(05-05-2018, 04:35 AM)A Canadian Cat Wrote:

No. By default these are ladder games. Testing refers to initial testing of a scenario before it is released. This kind of play is done on tested scenarios that the author's think are ready to go. We want to find out how well they are balanced for H2H play and get some games played to find out. I understand how that feels like testing but that is not the definition used in these match ups.

So by default these games are played as ladder games on Iron mode. If the person you play agrees to play on another realism level or as a non ladder game that is fine but they have every right to say "nope" I want a ladder game on Iron. And by signing up you agree to those terms.

Opponent assignments are random.

Let us know if you still want your name in the draw.

Ok then. I will play a ladder game, but NOT mirrored game.
turn based H2H with CMBN, CMRT, CM Black Sea, CMSF2, CM Cold War. Game engine v4.
05-12-2018, 12:23 AM,
I'll still leave the thread open until tomorrow, so this is your last chance to sign-up :)
Send this user an email
05-12-2018, 03:10 AM,
I'll officially request both this time out. But Raz as usual if that makes the numbers odd you can drop me from either one if you need to.
05-17-2018, 01:31 PM,
I'm in for CMFI scenario. Cheers.