• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Battles Community Survey
05-03-2018, 12:36 AM,
Panzer Battles Community Survey
[Image: Blog%2043%20-%2016.jpg]

We have just posted all the results from the recent Panzer Battles Community Survey.

All the details are here; http://www.wargamedesignstudio.com/2018/...rvey-2018/

Thanks to all that contributed.

David
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2018, 02:21 AM,
RE: Panzer Battles Community Survey
It was nice to see the results and read what everyone's comments were.

I didn't have a clue how popular solo play was as I thought everyone played PBEM these days.

Thanks for being so open minded and reaching out to your community as it really shows that you guys care about what we like and what we want to see in a game.

Thanks Again! Salute2
05-03-2018, 05:02 AM,
Very interesting results especially the amount of people playing against the AI when most of us believe that Tiller games really come to life when you PBEM and the AI is just a useful learning tool.

Each to their own of course and there is no right or wrong way to play and enjoy these games, so as David says a major challenge for his team to improve the AI performance to give those customers who use it as their preferred opponent an improved gaming experience.  Big Grin
05-03-2018, 05:47 PM,
Thanks, i never expect see public the results.

The AI over PBEM is surprising but i can understand it, i refer that if you can play X minutes at day and you want have your time well used in PBEM you need more than 1 battle at same time and i prefer focus in one battle instead 2 or more because this made my "disperse" my attention... AI advantage is you can play when you want/can (i think in hotseat, only 1 time i try it in a Tiller game years ago) and what you want, if you want try a diferent battle in the middle you can do it while play a PBEM is a little like have a wife, of course you can use the "divorce card" but you lose your pants  Big Grin2

Maybe one thing to have in mind with "what you want see" is that even when a front could be more interesting for a player is the battle or battles covered what attract the interest in a title, for example a PzB Budapest or Berlin is a must have over a Stalingrad title and them over a Korsum or Bagration title... in West i really dislike the "Bermuda´s triangle" of wargaming (Normandy-Market Garden-Bulge) but a Market garden PzB is attractive thanks to the special OOB you could find.

The modern version of PzB for me is going to depend a lot of the improvements in AT combat, in general compared with Middle east title from matrix i think PzB is superior in infantry combat and in how you dont need care about transport but in AT combat is oposite situation.

Art... for me is ok, maybe the counters with extra info could be a good add and please, please, please, give us the option to have alt art in german counters... grey for regular army and black for SS!!!  Jester
05-09-2018, 09:39 AM,
I'm not surprised at the percentage of solo players, after all I'm one of those heretic's...lol

I'll also bet dollars to donuts the majority of the customers don't even post on forums.
Animo Et Fide
05-09-2018, 09:44 AM,
PS: my only wish for the future would be a hotkey to access unit command hierarchy and values
Animo Et Fide
05-09-2018, 12:06 PM,
I am interested in getting the Kursk title. I have never had a John Tiller game. Is it hard to find opponents? The AI can never interest me for long.
05-09-2018, 01:13 PM,
Hi Recon-

The Blitz is here to help you find opponents for PzB, so if you get Kursk you won't have issues finding people to play - strong players that can teach you a lot and less experienced for a more equal challenge, presumably.

Regards
Rick
[Image: exercise.png]