• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

East Front III - Polish
05-24-2018, 12:15 AM,
RE: East Front III - Polish
Hello Jason:

Nice to see you're head down in the trenches!

Just spit balling here...any thoughts about the late war Poles such as those who fought at Monte Cassino?

I can see reasons both for and against their inclusion.
Often when we add "reequipped" units like the French landing at Normandy we simply use the units and weapons of the country supplying them. I.E., French units can be created by simply naming them French and using US org units to represent. The Poles were mostly supplied via the British, so you can use them the same way.

Still...when you're looking at them on the battlefield...they appear to be normal US or British forces...and they become lost in the shuffle at times.

In the end maybe it's just eye candy, but in cases like Monte Cassino those Poles fought like no other. I always felt it would be great to have them represented.

Regards,

Dan
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2018, 02:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-24-2018, 02:30 AM by Jason Petho.)
Good day, Dan

Yes, when the time comes for the development of the later war OOB's (don't forget that East Front III will cover 1939-1941 with the future 1942-1943 and 1944-1945 years coming as DLC's in the future), I'll include the Polish forces under the Polish country code, much the same as I have done for the Polish in France in 1940 and the Polish in the UK(Scotland) and Middle East in 1940/41.  As I am creating them with the proper graphics (French uniforms, English uniforms) I've had to create a plethora of platoons in order to get the equipment correct. 

A lot of effort for some eye candy, really. But well worth it!
Send this user an email
05-24-2018, 06:14 AM,
Good on ya mate!
Best wishes and keep that powder dry...there be 'injuns about...;)