• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tech support help
04-04-2018, 01:59 AM,
Tech support help
Downloaded latest pbem turn, typed in password, watched replay,  stuck in remote control. what am I doing wrong?
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2018, 07:27 AM,
RE: Tech support help
Sorry you are having issues, that has never happened to me personally or I have never read about anyone else that has, I hope someone has the solution to this issue.

If you don't get any help here try JTS support, Rich H might have come across this?
04-04-2018, 10:16 PM,
A couple suggestions.

1. Try downloading the file again and do not watch replay, see if it is still in Remote Control.  Sometimes the replay feature causes problems.  Have not see this particular one but have had other problems that cleared by skipping the replay.

2.  Have your opponent resend, sometimes file gets corrupted, especially bte files.  One of the reasons I still prefer sending zipped files, they aren't so easily corrupted.

If neither of these work contact Rich H as suggested.
You may have to back up a turn and have your opponent redo his turn.
04-05-2018, 05:59 PM,
(04-04-2018, 10:16 PM)krmiller Wrote: A couple suggestions.

1. Try downloading the file again and do not watch replay, see if it is still in Remote Control.  Sometimes the replay feature causes problems.  Have not see this particular one but have had other problems that cleared by skipping the replay.

2.  Have your opponent resend, sometimes file gets corrupted, especially bte files.  One of the reasons I still prefer sending zipped files, they aren't so easily corrupted.

If neither of these work contact Rich H as suggested.
You may have to back up a turn and have your opponent redo his turn.

Tried 1 and 2 same thing happens  8(
04-05-2018, 10:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-05-2018, 10:24 PM by Kool Kat.)
Gents:  Smoke7

When all else fails... uninstall the game completely and then reinstall it. 

Hopefully that will correct the issue.   Smile
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
04-05-2018, 11:00 PM,
(04-05-2018, 10:24 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: Gents:  Smoke7

LOL
04-07-2018, 01:03 AM,
(04-05-2018, 11:00 PM)Baelfiin Wrote:
(04-05-2018, 10:24 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: Gents:  Smoke7

LOL

Gents:  Smoke7

Actually, I was not kidding about a reinstall. Smile

What you are describing could be the result of your PzC game working copy becoming corrupted. Some of the bits may have gotten altered by a software failure. In this case, the replay functionality may have been impacted.

Conducting a "clean" reinstall - completely deleting your game and reinstalling is the only way to ensure you have a properly working game file copy.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
04-08-2018, 03:31 AM,
Long ago I seem to recall a replay problem solved by the deletion of each players pbemail.yyy and pbemail.xxx...

I believe these files are over-written with each email exchange and can become corrupted.If you delete these the game creates a new file.
Probably best to ask Rich, but worth a try before reinstalling the whole shebang...
04-09-2018, 03:34 AM,
(04-08-2018, 03:31 AM)Kuriltai Wrote: Long ago I seem to recall a replay problem solved by the deletion of each players pbemail.yyy and pbemail.xxx...

I believe these files are over-written with each email exchange and can become corrupted.If you delete these the game creates a new file.
Probably best to ask Rich, but worth a try before reinstalling the whole shebang...

That is right. This is often the problem. I delete the pbem files regularly.  jonny Mex Big Grin
04-09-2018, 10:14 AM,
(04-08-2018, 03:31 AM)Kuriltai Wrote: Long ago I seem to recall a replay problem solved by the deletion of each players pbemail.yyy and pbemail.xxx...

There was an unofficial program that someone created that would automatically delete all of that pbemail.yyy and pbemail.xxx stuff.

If I recall correctly, I originally found it over at the SDC.

Also, not sure if the pbemail.yyy and pbemail.xxx issue was a XP thing or not.

I haven't not had any pbemail.yyy and pbemail.xxx issues since I moved on to Win7 a few years ago.