• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMBB - Victory Percentages
04-03-2018, 02:03 PM,
CMBB - Victory Percentages

.jpg   CMBB - Victory.JPG (Size: 23.58 KB / Downloads: 6)

On the bottom left of the screen during turns is a victory indicator, showing a % for each side.

In the penultimate turn you can see I was at 37%.

Then we hit cease fire as I thought my situation was hopeless but then the victory % for me was 52%. 

It totally changed around. What could cause it to change from 37% to 52%. No change of victory locations. I know casualties are also taken into account. But in the last turn I didn't kill a bunch of vehicles (there were none on board) or anything like that. Struggling to understand this.

Thanks,

Gerry
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2018, 05:57 AM,
RE: CMBB - Victory Percentages
If the battle isn´t over yet CM engine shows You only how it would turn out if what You see would be the real situation. The same counts for Your opponent. So it could be You see a flag as neutral but in reality a unit of Your opponent sneaked up to it. CM would show this for You as neutral further. First if the battle is over You see there is an enemy unit and now CM calculates with the real situation (the flag is the enemys) since You have all info by now.

Greetings
04-05-2018, 11:22 AM,
Thanks Sempai.

I checked again and didn't see any Flags change hands like that.

During the game does the Victory % accurately reflect casualties? Or does it only count enemy casualties you can see?
04-06-2018, 02:20 AM,
It was only an example and it not only counts for flags but for the entire battle action. Further it can be the seen situation is as the real situation as well. Concerning the percentage of victory: That´s a good question but I´m sure the second is the case. Otherwise it would contradict the beforehand mentioned ("one only see what one can see" until the battle is over).

Greetings
04-07-2018, 02:20 PM,
Vehicle and equipment losses for both sides will change the %. Have commonly seen the meter change 10-15% at the end of a scenario.

I generally only use the thing as an extremely rough estimator. Morale indicator may be of more use if that helps any.
04-08-2018, 01:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-08-2018, 02:15 PM by GerryM.)
(04-07-2018, 02:20 PM)johnsilver Wrote: Vehicle and equipment losses for both sides will change the %.  Have commonly seen the meter change 10-15% at the end of a scenario.

I generally only use the thing as an extremely rough estimator. Morale indicator may be of more use if that helps any.

Thanks to both of you. These are helpful comments. 

Yes, I see now it just an estimate and I will watch the Morale indicator too from now on.

EDIT: Just noticed that the Morale indicator just shows for your own side. I realize that has to be for FOW. Any thoughts on how you use the indicator then? I think I was down to 35% or so and still won the scenario.
04-10-2018, 06:36 PM,
Seems your side was beaten up pretty bad. Myself? I judge own side's losses of equipment/armor by morale was what meant above. Those are biggest point losses have seemed to figure out over troops if that makes sense. tho multiple barrages by several spotter's I believe is effective in dropping it.

Have watched it vs 1 of the opponents I play regularly and probably shouldn't mention here :-) but he sometimes uses 3-4 a scenario and it has a severe effect.

There is no way I know of to read the opponents however. FOW as u mentioned Gerry.

Good luck Sir.
05-29-2018, 05:13 AM,
So far as I remember it Your morale indicator may not/shouldn´t fall under 15%. Otherwise Your troops give up very quick - means automatical surrender. Same for the opponent - so it could be he seems very strong but totally surprisingly there is a surrender. Means he had too many losses then - even if he fought well otherwise/all in all.

Greetings