• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Ultimate Bunker Tutorial Scenario
03-26-2018, 07:54 AM,
The Ultimate Bunker Tutorial Scenario
Recently, I've played a couple of scenarios in which the German defenders have access to bunkers (The Siberians are Coming) or trenches (Retreat to the Tiger Position) and relearned the bunkers are a tough nut to crack and if the Germans have smoke available then clearing a group of them out of a trench is a process in itself. The smaller maps allow the Germans to both concentrate their forces in improved positions and defend VP hexes. 

I spotted a post by Roger (aka Toyland) in which he asks for volunteers to help test a scenario.  We have just finished the first test and can say the scenario, currently known as Port Authority but also advertised as a 7 Hour Bridgehead Breakout is, despite some limitations, both enjoyable and a must play for those seeking to refine their tactical skills when it comes to advancing into well prepared and hidden positions.  The Germans have many bunkers but what keeps the scenario enjoyable is their forces have to defend just enough territory that some portions of the front will be undermanned.  The Russian player will run into some defenses not worth attacking but can work their way around.

Roger is adjusting based on our recent test but I bet he's willing to have more folks help test for a good human to human game.
Quote this message in a reply