• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Battles 3 - March 2018 Update
03-24-2018, 07:11 PM,
Panzer Battles 3 - March 2018 Update
[Image: Blog%2042%20-%2018.jpg]

Hi all,

Here is the update you have been asking for; http://www.wargamedesignstudio.com/2018/...18-update/

There is a lot of info here on the state of the game and what has been done to date and what is planned.

Subjects such as the scenarios done to date;
[Image: Blog%2042%20-%202.jpg]

The size of the master map - over 1.2 million hexes! (All images can be right clicked to view full size);
[Image: Blog%2042%20-%203.jpg]

The changes made to Victory Points;
[Image: Blog%2042%20-%208.jpg]

And a number of in-game shots, such as during the Crusader battles;
[Image: Blog%2042%20-%2012.jpg]

Or Crete;
[Image: Blog%2042%20-%2010.jpg]

Lots more at the link; http://www.wargamedesignstudio.com/2018/...18-update/

David
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2018, 12:32 AM,
RE: Panzer Battles 3 - March 2018 Update
Thanks a lot for the update.

I like a lot what i see and read... except you dont wrote "we release game tomorrow"  Big Grin2 

Title is very complete but maybe in future if is possible we can see a pair of Malta What if based in El-Alamein add-on but one set in 1942 and other in 1940 with a full italian assault... that was they need did and not waste time VS greeks... but this maybe be covered in the 2nd part of Africa trilogy with all that mines, barbed wire, armored brigades ramming heavy defenses and french entrenched and holding sand like barnacles  Helmet Smile

The title of game is descriptive but lacks a little.... punch, something like PzB North Africa 1941 + "like foxes between rats" or "Sand and Jerrycans" or "Sand in the boots".

But is true that title is going to cover a lot of diferent actions and them all perfect for PzB scale... i think this title is going to leave "obsolete" Tobruk41  Whistle

Good luck and waiting more info... or "we release game tomorrow"  Wink
03-25-2018, 02:06 AM,
Exciting stuff,  thanks for the sneak peek I can wait to explore the "master map
03-25-2018, 03:16 AM,
Boy, this sure looks like a sweet title!

Needless to say I can't wait for the release.

Better to take your time and get it right the first time as it will make the wait well worth it!
03-25-2018, 11:26 AM,
Glad to see the victory point change was implemented. It should add a whole new dimension to the game series.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
03-25-2018, 07:28 PM,
It would be very rewarding to have several chained games that cover the start of fall blau PzB1, then Stalingrado PzB2 and Pz 3 Uranus. In other words, cover a campaign with several titles according to the scale of the game. It is a good way to have more income and to cover a campaign that is impossible to cover with the panzer campaings.
03-25-2018, 07:58 PM,
Yep, change in victory points is going to made more complex find the way to win a scen... and is going to reward finally trade blood  for hold terrain all you can and not until the last game turn, the timing between capture and hold is going open a new war.

In small scens looks easy find the objetives in map and find the info about how they are rewarded but in a big scen... maybe a good idea could be add something to label the objetive to find it easier in the objetives dialog (and we can have them in an order to made search less painfull) specially when that dialog needs scrolling when the number of victory points increase a lot.

I refer we can see in map that objetive is the number 10, we open the victory dialog and we can search the objetive 10 conditions without test every objetive in the dialog... victory coordinates are not very usefull on this point.

I like to see diferent titles covering a campaign in time but maybe this needs a lot of planning in future and is open to suffer more changes, you really cant know what title is going to open a new "sales front" but is true that as you say cover all in diferent titles is very attractive... for Africa 2 titles more and we close a full campaign along 4 diferent years.

Now only we can wait they work "fast and furious" to have game soon™  Big Grin2
03-25-2018, 09:41 PM,
It would also be interesting to be able to save the composition of an army and later to include it in the continuation of another title of the same campaign coinciding with the numbering of hexagons. Great job in the desert guys, wanting to buy the game.
04-10-2018, 09:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-10-2018, 09:24 PM by Xaver.)
Looks like something is wrong with the WDS blog, nothing found if you use direction and if you use a link like the one to march article 404, i dont know if is down or maybe in a migration situation to a new site???  Batman Confused

Or maybe we are going to have an april surprise  Big Grin2
04-11-2018, 12:01 AM,
(04-10-2018, 09:22 PM)Xaver Wrote: Looks like something is wrong with the WDS blog, nothing found if you use direction and if you use a link like the one to march article 404, i dont know if is down or maybe in a migration situation to a new site???  Batman Confused

Or maybe we are going to have an april surprise  Big Grin2

We're migrating to new hosting and are having a few more difficulties than we expected.

We do have a back-up that is available here (temporarily);

http://www.wargamedesignstudio.co/

David