• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

RBR - Imminent Release
03-16-2018, 09:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-16-2018, 12:24 PM by Sgt_Rock.)
RBR - Imminent Release
Guys - we are almost done with the review of the "Pre-Release Review Build" of the RBR game. Tomorrow I will post all of the updated files to the server for John to grab and then he will build a "Final Release" build for me to review.

After that I will post any changes that need to be made - usually not much if anything - and the game release date will be in John's hands at that point. In the past once I gave the "nod" the game was out fairly quickly after that. We wont have a Friday evening release but Monday or Tuesday is possible. Rich H. has a busy weekend scheduled and let me know that he wont be able to do his part til early next week.

One note: During the review one of my helpers noted that the Austrian hussar regiments use a similar image in many cases. What I did for RBR that I didnt do for Marengo was:

1. Add in 5 more Austrian hussar images to cover the later period.

2. The early period hussars still use the generic hussar images.

3. Some of the later period hussars use the generic later hussar image. The Blankenstein Hussar #6 was not used much in the game so I didn't feel obligated to ask Mark and Joe to create new images for the hussars that rarely show up in the game.

Mod guys are welcome to add in the miissing images and create copies of the OBs and change the uniform numbers to point to the newer images. For me: we went way overboard on the game with tons of hussar images for the game. I just can't feel too sorry if the Blanketstein Hussar #6 didn't get its own unique image.

So look for a post that the game is available in the next few days.
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2018, 11:06 PM,
RE: RBR - Imminent Release
Great notices, i didnt expect game on this week... even next week (last minute problems in a release are like taxes and death Big Grin2 ) have it in first part of next week is a great notice.

Even if not all individual regiments have their historical look is not a killer... here maybe in unit portrait i prefer they be modernized in the line of FWW unit presentation AND add in unit portrait try add national flag + horse icon for mounted units

Something like Erzax mod
http://www.wargame.ch/wc/nwc/Club_Webpag...index.html

Anyway waiting the title, even maybe we can have a sneak peak of game notes hehehe.
03-16-2018, 11:23 PM,
Game notes will be an item you can download from the product page. As I sometimes am updating things until the last minute I don't want to offer them prior to the release as then multiple versions of the same document would exist and possibly cause confusion.
03-17-2018, 10:06 AM,
Ok - uploaded all of the files I have for the game at this point so that John Tiller can download them and include them in the build. Lots of good finds today. French Horse artillery was using an incorrect image for the 1800 OBs. Checked the rest of the OBs and they are fine. Artwork PDF had some errors in it. Fixed that and created the PDF for it.

We have the full weekend to work with so I will continue looking for things. My team has done a great job of helping me find errors or make suggestions for the text in the PDFs.

Meanwhile, I only have two Situation maps to create for the Situation Maps for the Spring Campaign of 1807 for the CEF game. After that ... on to work on the campaigns.
03-18-2018, 02:22 PM,
Done with the review ... just a couple of items I asked John to do for the release and its done on my end.

Rich to post the webpage for me to review this coming week and then we go live with the game.
03-18-2018, 07:36 PM,
Good news, smells to a thursday or friday release but with a "bone" in the middle  Big Grin2

Well, now you can focus in the next title, is not into my interest but expect you keep it going and dont find problems to complete it... i prefer see finished the 2nd Peninsular title and close that front but... even here i am more interested now in see a new serie set in XIX century (napoleonic but not napoleonic with diferences between wars thanks to tech evolution) is not like is short of wars to cover hehehe and only title from Tiller covering post napoleonic period and pre WWI is MAW (with his special taste, nap muskets VS modernized versions).

Now take a break and leave Tiller minions work  Helmet Wink
03-22-2018, 07:44 AM,
(03-18-2018, 07:36 PM)Xaver Wrote: Now take a break and leave Tiller minions work  Helmet Wink

They already rehearse for the release:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngMPMXbfRVc
03-22-2018, 09:43 AM,
Big Laugh
03-22-2018, 09:48 AM,
Too funny ROFL
03-23-2018, 02:43 AM,
Well, Tiller minions are very profesional only thing is i dont know what could made them take to much time in release RBR... sure is tech problem Shocked

[Image: banana-minions.jpg]