• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Zone of Control
01-16-2018, 07:56 AM,
Zone of Control
I have been playing Moscow 1942 although this applies to most/all PZC games as well.  Unit cohesion/influence is not well portrayed and maybe given the game engine it is by design.  How can an X man infantry battalion exert a zone-of-control in all surrounding hexes and lock a unit from passing around it?   Maybe in the desert or the Russian Steppes with ranged weapons but in less open areas one would ignore the remnants.  I think one issue it is all or nothing.  I have seen many units fight to the last man-no matter what nationality.  In many cases these units might not surrender but the would dissolve-everyman for himself. JHMO
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2018, 03:19 AM,
RE: Zone of Control
I agree but I think  even a unit with less than 100 men would have a a tough enough time holding the hex (kilometer) that they are in much less the other hexes on each side now if it is open terrain like fire said you might be able to cover with fire but in a wooded area no way.
01-18-2018, 04:39 AM,
It has been discussed a few times over the years to remove the ZOC from units that have shrunk to either a few men or a single vehicle, but nothing has ever been implemented, the best way to remove these units is to assault them out of the way if you get the opportunity, even if they are not disrupted. Wink
01-18-2018, 10:29 AM,
(01-18-2018, 04:39 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: It has been discussed a few times over the years to remove the ZOC from units that have shrunk to either a few men or a single vehicle, but nothing has ever been implemented, the best way to remove these units is to assault them out of the way if you get the opportunity, even if they are not disrupted. Wink

Yup but you have to whittle them down and that takes time.  When your objective is to get off of the board, this is a serious delay. Big Grin