• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Kicking the crap out of Germany
12-04-2017, 01:54 PM,
Kicking the crap out of Germany
What a turn, and I am still in the middle of it.  I have destroyed 900 AFVs and captured 100K men, I have a further 4 Pz divisions and about 4 mechanized divisions cut off, including 2xSS.  Of course the AI is playing stupid, throwing everything into a gap with no care about the flanks.  The 17th Pz has been destroyed for the 4th time, I think the Germans would have renamed it 17A just to get rid of the jinx on it.

You can see my losses are all disbanding of units, mostly MG-Arty battalions and infantry brigades.

[Image: losses.jpg]
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2017, 09:50 AM,
RE: Kicking the crap out of Germany
Well I am not the genius I thought I was, I guess how I am doing is pretty standard for normal mode...too bad. :-(
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
12-06-2017, 02:27 PM,
(12-06-2017, 09:50 AM)Weasel Wrote: Well I am not the genius I thought I was, I guess how I am doing is pretty standard for normal mode...too bad. :-(

Not true, my friend.

You are a Hero of the Soviet Union!
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
12-07-2017, 05:26 AM,
I read on the Matrix forum, lots of guys are where I am at in this time, I guess the AI just blows. But still, knocking out all those Pz divs with at least 4 more surrounded is a lot of fun.
12-07-2017, 05:55 AM,
(12-07-2017, 05:26 AM)Weasel Wrote: I read on the Matrix forum, lots of guys are where I am at in this time, I guess the AI just blows.  But still, knocking out all those Pz divs with at least 4 more surrounded is a lot of fun.

If you enjoy it, that is all that matters. Personally I never met an AI that was smarter or as good looking as I am. I like it that way. If you beat a real opponent that bad, they will not play you again. The AI will just keep taking the beatings. Also, if WITE had an AI that could really beat you, it would cost $800 dollars (and still have bugs, because the QA/QC would be too expensive). They are not going to give away an AI like that for free.

Nothing beats pocketing Panzer Divisions, Just sayin'
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
12-07-2017, 12:14 PM,
IT is too bad that Road To Moscow never got off the ground. The AI was suppose to learn from the player and even adapt his attacks and defense to itself, almost learning. Did you every hear of that ? I think it was around 1995.
12-07-2017, 01:22 PM,
(12-07-2017, 12:14 PM)Weasel Wrote: IT is too bad that Road To Moscow never got off the ground.  The AI was suppose to learn from the player and even adapt his attacks and defense to itself, almost learning.  Did you every hear of that ?  I think it was around 1995.

I do, if I remember right is was suppose to have no hexes! An area game.

http://www.ign.com/images/games/road-to-...ed13e3f0e5

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/war-ga...0-2462526/

Sadly, never happened.
12-07-2017, 02:07 PM,
That is right, you drew your lines of advance on the map and your units would do their best to follow the orders. That was a big AI challenge for back then, maybe today it would work though.