• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New CSME Scenario Day of the Merks
11-23-2017, 01:39 AM,
News  New CSME Scenario Day of the Merks
Fellow Campaign Series Middle East Players.

In anticipation of the holidays coming on and more time for playing Campaign Series, I added a new CSME scenario titled Day of the Merks to the data base and also attached below.

Here is its description:

[Jenin settlement, northern Israel] [H2H] [WIF] [BZ] On June 14, 1982, at 1200 hrs, the latest of several UN negotiated seize fires between the Israelis and the Syrians was due to take effect.  About an hour before, in the Jezreel Valley, elements of the Syrian 4th Armored Brigade were moving up to reinforce units already facing the IDF in front of Jenin.  As the Syrians moved up they came under intense anti-tank fire from the heights on their left. Soon four of the Syrians newest Main Battle Tanks, the T-72 were set afire! Scrambling to get into position and cease the anti-tank fire coming at them, the Syrians sent mechanized infantry up into the heights to eliminate the IDF anti-tank threat. But they were met with small arms and machinegun fire as they climbed the heights. Shortly thereafter IDF artillery started to zero in and the Syrian mechanized infantry were taking casualties at an alarming rate. Unable to move any further up the heights the Syrian mechanized infantry withdrew back towards the main road leading to the northwest. At about the same time the Syrian mechanized infantry was catching hell, other T-72 tanks accompanied by more mechanized infantry skirted to the left off the main road and attacked Jenin head on. There the Syrian T-72 tanks came under further anti-tank fire from IDF Merkava I Main Battle Tanks holding defensive positions in Jenin. Unable to move any further towards Jenin that day the Syrians decided to withdraw and fell back licking their wounds. [ALL: No VV] [NONE] [1.02] [Based on a scenario originally created by Wyatt Kappely]

I only play tested it H2H and it seem to do OK. But I am looking for feedback on it good or bad.

Hope you enjoy playing it as much as I did creating it.

Regards,
John (aka: Ivan the Big)

.zip   Merks-6'82.zip (Size: 21.4 KB / Downloads: 3)
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-2017, 03:15 AM,
RE: New CSME Scenario Day of the Merks
Thanks John, earmarked for a proper spin over the weekend!  Whip
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-23-2017, 06:29 AM,
I am rather confused as to why the Syrians are in the Jezreel Valley? Is this some sort of alternative history?
11-23-2017, 06:58 AM,
Yeah its a what if scenario originally designed by Kappely under the very old Divided Ground Series. When I first played it many years ago I liked how it flowed and played. This one is based in a large part on that earlier rendition using the new CSME.

I hope you enjoy it!

Regards,
Ivan the Big