• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Can't build mountain corps
11-22-2017, 08:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-22-2017, 12:33 PM by Weasel.)
Can't build mountain corps
According to the reference chart after June 42 you can build a mtn corps; according to matrix forum you are not allowed too, but that question was asked back in 2011.  I have tried building them but nothing ever happens, same as I cannot form naval brigades into a division. 

Can you build mtn corps?  Here is a screen shot, lots of admin points, all same army and in good form.

[Image: Mtn.jpg]
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
11-24-2017, 04:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-24-2017, 04:55 AM by Gris.)
RE: Can't build mountain corps
(11-22-2017, 08:49 AM)Weasel Wrote: According to the reference chart after June 42 you can build a mtn corps; according to matrix forum you are not allowed too, but that question was asked back in 2011.  I have tried building them but nothing ever happens, same as I cannot form naval brigades into a division. 

Can you build mtn corps?  Here is a screen shot, lots of admin points, all same army and in good form.

Hi Weasel,

There is nothing I can find in the manuals on building Mountain Corps, nor do I recall ever doing it.

In the game, there is a "Mountain Corps" , It is called Third Rifle Corps, under Transcaucasus MD. During WWII it was 3rd Mountain Rifle Corps and changed to Rifle Corps after the war. There may be others, but not like Rifle Corps formed in the game. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3rd_Rifle_Corps

If you look at the makeup of the units, containing Mountain, Rifle, and Cavalry, this is probably more a limitation of the game engine than anything else.

You can form Rifle Corps, key word is "rifle". IIRC there are Naval Infantry Brigade and Navel "Rifle" Brigade. Different OOB, but I would have to look into it. You could check the CR and see if there is a different OOB in your game.

My current game is not that far along and is on the server, so I can't verify this info with the latest patch.

Hope this helps.

-Gris
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
11-24-2017, 07:16 AM,
Here is the reference, maybe back in the early versions you could build them, not sure how old this reference document is.

Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
11-24-2017, 10:29 AM,
(11-24-2017, 07:16 AM)Weasel Wrote: Here is the reference, maybe back in the early versions you could build them, not sure how old this reference document is.

Hi Weasel,

Good catch, but probably an error on my part stemming from this post in the War Room over at Matrix. 

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp...=&#2882717

They talk about the inability to create in the post. I believe the error is mine. I probably have the early list. I will have to scrub it. Which is why is is not in the game documentation. Looking at it, The first post is old and the #19 post is correct.

-Gris
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
11-24-2017, 10:57 AM,
You know how many times I have hit the B key! :-)
11-24-2017, 11:30 AM,
(11-24-2017, 10:57 AM)Weasel Wrote: You know how many times I have hit the B key!  :-)

Lol, I was thinking the same thing, Weasel is going to send me to the Gulag for that error!  Voodoo Doll

I blame the manual!  Whistle