• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NEW: Prokhorovka 5: The Historical Battle
09-04-2017, 12:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-21-2017, 05:06 PM by Crossroads.)
News  NEW: Prokhorovka 5: The Historical Battle
Boy are we for a treat today! 

Alan also completed a most thorough update of the EF Prokhorovka scenario. It is massive, and a beast to play, so make sure not to miss it. 

It is worth the download for the two most detailed Design Notes documents alone.

Prokhorovka 5: The Historical Battle

This is the historical version of the battle of Prokhorovka, based on data provided by Christopher Lawrence's monumental work "Kursk: The Battle of Prokhorovka". This book is now considered to be the definitive source on the battle of Prokhorovka. This book has not only stripped away the last of old myths frequently published as facts about the battle, but also has put to rest those assumptions and more recent incorrect conclusions that have subconsiously influenced the interpetations of events and their sequence by various historians over the past fifty years. It has also provided the most definitive order of battles for both sides of the battle to date.

>> DOWNLOAD LINK <<

[Image: 51KvncC1EwL._SX423_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

Again, my sincere thanks to Alan for detailed work for preserving battlefields of the past in Campaign Series format Salute6
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2017, 04:04 AM,
RE: NEW: Prokhorovka 5: The Historical Battle
Thanks Battle Kat!

I skimmed the two pdf files briefly and you are so correct. The info on the scenario is well worth the download. There is an abundance of good information there on the design of the scenario and great back ground info on the forces involved. I especially like Alan's thoughts on why certain things were done in designing the scenario. The AT ditch for one plus the part about Soviet Generals lying about what really took place for fear that if the told the absolute truth they might get wacked by Stalin. Rifle

Later on this afternoon I'll crack a couple of beers and read those documents in depth.

You did good in posting this scenario, thanks!

Ivan the Big Cigar5
09-04-2017, 04:43 AM,
The research that has gone into making that scenario is mind boggling! 

If anyone wants to get a quick overview as how Prokhorovka really was, all they need to do is to open this scenario.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-08-2017, 11:33 PM,
Petri:

You are an inspiration to us all, and a grognard at heart my friend.

Regards,

Dan
09-09-2017, 03:09 AM,
Thanks Dan, but kudos for that scenario belongs to Alan Arnold! I just posted it here Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-09-2017, 11:05 PM,
Way too large for me. Whistle
But, it is impressive nonetheless. You can see that a lot of work went into it. Read2

Farmer

HSL
09-11-2017, 01:32 AM,
(09-09-2017, 11:05 PM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: Way too large for me. Whistle
But, it is impressive nonetheless. You can see that a lot of work went into it. Read2

Farmer

HSL

Quite a monster isn't it. I bet each of the German division and their front could make a great Linked Campaign Game, alone...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-19-2017, 07:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-19-2017, 08:50 AM by Cole.)
I'm up to play this one.

I have fond memories of Earlmann's Kursk scenarios so I'm interested in this one.

Updated to say that I have just finished reading the .pdfs.  Kudos to Alan on creating this scenario.

By the nature of the game in both terms of the scale, number of turns, and most Russian forces fixed for the first quarter of the game I doubt many would want to play PBEM but I'm willing to play this as the Russians and hold on until forces get released.
09-19-2017, 11:35 AM,
(09-19-2017, 07:38 AM)Cole Wrote: I'm up to play this one.

I have fond memories of Earlmann's Kursk scenarios so I'm interested in this one.

Updated to say that I have just finished reading the .pdfs.  Kudos to Alan on creating this scenario.

By the nature of the game in both terms of the scale, number of turns, and most Russian forces fixed for the first quarter of the game I doubt many would want to play PBEM but I'm willing to play this as the Russians and hold on until forces get released.

If your courageous enough to go at it I will take the germans Cole. I've a few monsters under my belt.
09-20-2017, 01:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-20-2017, 01:13 AM by Crossroads.)
I created a PBEM version from the previous Prokhorovka game (with Alan's approval), but I probably unleashed too many Russian formations. As they started to pile in, there wasn't much the Germans could do to stop them. I made some notes about it, and have it on my to-do list. I'll likely not alter it anymore though.

Keep us posted as how your PBEM goes, and good luck! It is serious fun, so many tanks.
Visit us at CSLegion.com