• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for a scenario.
06-10-2018, 05:11 AM,
Looking for a scenario.
Hey Campaign Series Old Guard and any newbie's too,

Trying to help a guy out in finding a scenario. Confused

Its Rising Sun Dragons of Toungoo made originally by Jeepster777.

There is a listing for it in the scenario data base but no download.

If anyone has it, you can post it here or send me an e-mail at jpirman555[at]gmail[dot]com.

Appreciate any help in advance!!

Ivan the Big Cigar5
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2018, 09:43 AM,
RE: Looking for a scenario.
OK. Still looking for Dragons in Toungoo, but I found "Duel of the Giants for Toungoo" by Jeepster777. The description is slightly different from Dragons, he specifies you need a mod to play it, but it looks like the same scenario:

23rd March 1942

PBEM Scenario. KMT Chinese and Russian mods needed play. While
Chaing Kai-shek had committed some of his best divisions to aid
in the British defense of Burma, he hesitated in serious push
to help. It took the Japanese encirclement of the "walled" city
of Toungoo before he would commit the newly formed 22nd Division
to relieve the 200th Division and its defenders. As the Japanese
143rd Infantry Regiment advances into the city,the KMT 1st Tank
Regiment swept over the captured Flying Tigers Airfield just
North of the City

It's available here: https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/the-...io&id=5504

Jeepster777 is still active. Maybe he wanted this version current and got rid of "Dragons", but not the entry? Just guessing.

I'll keep looking, but there are a billion zips in the scenarios directory and not always named what you'd expect. I have to open each one, then open the scenario file in notepad to see what the scenario name is. I can delete the "Dragons" entry if "Duel" is the right scenario. I suspect it is. 

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
06-13-2018, 05:12 PM,
Thanks Dave for your efforts! But at this point no need to go through the entire data base 1x1.

Like you, I suspect both scenarios are the same one active and one not but both with very close descriptions.

I sent a private message to Jeepster777 but have not heard back yet, but it looks like he has played a few recent games with Yossarian.

When and if I do hear from him I'll let you know.

John Wink
06-20-2018, 01:43 PM,
Hey Ivan maybe I can help clear this up for you.

Jeepster777 and I play a lot of Rising Sun. I remember when he was designing "Dragons of Toungoo" many years ago. He & I used to exchange RS design ideas & test play each others scenarios. I remember that after play-testing with me he made a few changes and I gave him the idea for the scenario title change. It's now called "Duel of the Giants for Toungoo". The scenario file is Toungoo.scn. So as far as I remember the old scenario no longer exists because the new one is much better. You can check with Eddie (Jeepster777) and maybe he can answer your questions and confirm or correct anything that I have said.

Yossarian Gun Trick
06-20-2018, 06:40 PM,
(06-20-2018, 01:43 PM)Yossarian Wrote: Hey Ivan maybe I can help clear this up for you.

Jeepster777 and I play a lot of Rising Sun. I remember when he was designing "Dragons of Toungoo" many years ago. He & I used to exchange RS design ideas & test play each others scenarios. I remember that after play-testing with me he made a few changes and I gave him the idea for the scenario title change. It's now called "Duel of the Giants for Toungoo". The scenario file is Toungoo.scn. So as far as I remember the old scenario no longer exists because the new one is much better. You can check with Eddie (Jeepster777) and maybe he can answer your questions and confirm or correct anything that I have said.

Yossarian Gun Trick

Thank you Yossarian. Appreciate the clarification, that cleared the whole matter for sure!!

Ivan the Big Cigar5
06-20-2018, 11:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-20-2018, 11:52 PM by Scud.)
(06-20-2018, 06:40 PM)Ivan The Big Wrote:
(06-20-2018, 01:43 PM)Yossarian Wrote: Hey Ivan maybe I can help clear this up for you.

Yossarian Gun Trick

Thank you Yossarian. Appreciate the clarification, that cleared the whole matter for sure!!

Ivan the Big Cigar5

Thanks guys. I'll delete the old entry. (Actually I decided to keep the entry, in case someone else is looking for it, and pointed a link to the new entry instead).

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email