• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Program error
09-03-2017, 11:42 PM,
Help  Program error
1st, let me say that I had tried multiple times to send an email on the JTS webpage for technical help - but I can't get the "I'm Not A Bot" code to work. Jeeeeeezz, what a pain-in-the-butt that thing is (visual & audio). Any hair that I had left on my head has now been torn-out. I understand & accept the need for those things...., but I hate 'em.

Anyways, this is for Rich or David: 

I get the following error:

2017-09-09:09:12 bon.exe [ERROR ID 100] (FileM.cpp, line 900, FileMenu::OldBattle()) A\ not found

The error occurs (regardless of the scenario selection):
  • only during "two-player hot set" mode
  • selecting Next Turn - and after typing in the .btt file name and clicking SAVE.
Running Battles of Normandy, Version 1.02a

Further more..... I love your game.  Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2017, 02:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-04-2017, 02:37 AM by Strela.)
RE: Program error
(09-03-2017, 11:42 PM)Rook Wrote: 1st, let me say that I had tried multiple times to send an email on the JTS webpage for technical help - but I can't get the "I'm Not A Bot" code to work. Jeeeeeezz, what a pain-in-the-butt that thing is (visual & audio). Any hair that I had left on my head has now been torn-out. I understand & accept the need for those things...., but I hate 'em.

Anyways, this is for Rich or David: 

I get the following error:

2017-09-09:09:12 bon.exe [ERROR ID 100] (FileM.cpp, line 900, FileMenu::OldBattle()) A\ not found

The error occurs (regardless of the scenario selection):
  • only during "two-player hot set" mode
  • selecting Next Turn - and after typing in the .btt file name and clicking SAVE.
Running Battles of Normandy, Version 1.02a

Further more..... I love your game.  Big Grin

Hi there,

I have tried to emulate your error but can't.

Can you please do the following;

Check the btt file is in your 'Saves' directory
If there, please send us your save game file and very importantly all the log files under the 'Logs' directory.

You should be able to find my email address under my profile - if not PM me and I will send it to you.

My take is that there is some weird directory issue, which could be code related. We have missed a directory redirect, but I can't see that yet...

David

(Note, I don't have v1.02a here, but a later beta version and we may have fixed this already and hence why I want to check)
09-04-2017, 05:06 AM,
I think I was able to send you those files. I would like to stress the word "think".

Rook
09-04-2017, 06:37 AM,
I am not able to replicate the error.  For H2H saves, program exits, then game and saved H2H .btt scenario relaunches, everything appears to be WAD.

This is with BoN 1.02a, on Windows7 (and also a more recent BoN beta, on Windows10).

Are you perhaps running this on WindowsXP?  We have seen glitches on XP where the game code and/or OS somehow occasionally get lost in the new game folder structures.

Perhaps your save game and log files will reveal something.
09-04-2017, 07:34 AM,
I'm using Windows 10.

I was playing a modified scenario of the tutorial - learning about ZOC, supply and concealment.

Plays fine when both sides are set to manual, however when I try it using Hotseat I get the error.
09-04-2017, 09:10 AM,
What do you mean by "modified scenario"? Maybe therein lies the error.

Please zip up that modified tutorial scenario file and post it here.
09-04-2017, 09:33 AM,
(09-04-2017, 09:10 AM)berto Wrote: What do you mean by "modified scenario"?  Maybe therein lies the error.

Please zip up that modified tutorial scenario file and post it here.

Modified by adding units, moving units, and deleted units.

As stated, I was learning about ZOC & supply.

Attached Files
.zip   #01_Getting_Started_trial 006.zip (Size: 1.3 KB / Downloads: 1)
09-04-2017, 11:27 AM,
In order to run your scenario, I had to copy PBNormandy.pdt > PBNormandy1.pdt, since your modified .scn file references the latter.

Here too, I was able to launch a H2H game, save it, exit, restart, and resume the scenario without problem. This too was with BoN 1.02a on Windows 7. (The OS version should make no difference here whatsoever.)

I suspect there is something funky about your modified installation. Would you consider uninstalling then reinstalling the entire game? Back up your current installation first, of course.

The log files could probably provide us some insight too.
09-04-2017, 10:53 PM,
Good morning guys,

It was too late last night to do a complete uninstall and then reinstall, but I did it this morning.

Below were my activities and observations:

Uninstalled Panzer Battles Normandy.
Installed using BattlesNormandy_100.msi; to the installer default location.
Started program, selected Two-Player Hot-Seat & selected #01_Getting_Started_Hill_192.scn
No errors were generated.

Ran BattlesNormandy_101_upd.exe.
Started program, selected Two-Player Hot-Seat & selected #01_Getting_Started_Hill_192.scn.
No errors were generated.

Ran BattlesNormandy_102a_upd.exe.
Started program, selected Two-Player Hot-Seat & selected #01_Getting_Started_Hill_192.scn
Error generated.

I have sent Rich and David two (2) zipped files that contain details related to the above steps...., but I didn't have your email address Berto. Sorry..., I'm a bit ignorant concerning posting files to this site and it makes me uncomfertable.

Happy Labor Day

Rook
09-04-2017, 11:42 PM,
Our looking closely at the log files is the next step.