• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Searching for a place to settle
07-24-2017, 07:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-24-2017, 07:44 AM by Tlussa.)
Searching for a place to settle
Hey there, newcomer reporting in.

Have been playing wargames for several years occasionally. WITE, Combat Mission, Dominions, Ageod's games, mostly. After learning recently about TacOps 4 and astonishing features it offers (~15 players in MP simultaneously, very decent overall model) and failing to find any live communities playing it, I started to think about joining some steady group of wargame lovers I can rely upon when in need of human opponents in a wide variety of PC wargames out there. Which won't just dissapear in case game will become obsolete, for one (like it happened to official TacOps 4 forums).

The bigger the community, the better. That means more variety, more possibility to participate in some kind of real hardcore military cosplay, like perhaps playing said TacOps 4 MP with a dozen players in a semi-realistic military hierarchy. Or something :) (Sorry, have played too much of Arma it seems).

Is it the right place for someone like this? May be somebody could point me to another places like this, or the ones that better suite my expectations?
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2017, 01:52 PM,
RE: Searching for a place to settle
Welcome Tlussa-

Since we don't support TacOps, I can't say if the Blitz would be your place to settle or not. But there are many players here open to other games, and if you develop relationships I am sure you can get some involved in the game playing multiplayer as you want. But you would probably have to do it through developing relationships through games we do support and then pulling people together.

Otherwise, not sure where to point you to.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
07-27-2017, 11:16 PM,
Thanks for the heads-up, Rick. I guess I'll then stay for some time, and will see how it's going.
10-16-2017, 04:46 AM,
Since I am a new member as well, I would like to introduce myself.

Some years ago I used to hang around and battle against opponents at the now defunct (sadly) wargaming site worldatwar.eu. For some time the AI satisfied(barely) my campaigning needs, but the time has come to search for a new place to settle and new opponents to battle.
So here I am, greetings to all! :-)
11-07-2017, 05:38 AM,
(10-16-2017, 04:46 AM)A. I. Taylor Wrote: Since I am a new member as well, I would like to introduce myself.

Some years ago I used to hang around and battle against opponents at the now defunct (sadly) wargaming site worldatwar.eu. For some time the AI satisfied(barely) my campaigning needs, but the time has come to search for a new place to settle and new opponents to battle.
So here I am, greetings to all! :-)

Welcome!
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email