• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Combined arms army hq?
07-01-2017, 10:09 AM,
Combined arms army hq?
Well the manual has exactly one line on this subject: in Nov 41 you can start to build them.  That is nice to know, but what would be better is what is the benefit of it over a standard army HQ?  In the standard I can put all assets I wish; infantry, tanks, and cavalry so why the CAAHQ?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2017, 01:09 AM,
RE: Combined arms army hq?
(07-01-2017, 10:09 AM)Weasel Wrote: Well the manual has exactly one line on this subject: in Nov 41 you can start to build them.  That is nice to know, but what would be better is what is the benefit of it over a standard army HQ?  In the standard I can put all assets I wish; infantry, tanks, and cavalry so why the CAAHQ?

Hi Weasel,

THere are two types of HQ for the Soviets.

CAAHQ and Tank Army. CAAHQ is just another example of different naming conventions in the game. To my knowledge it is a normal army HQ with no restrictions. Rule 12.2.4. Admin Costs for Creating Soviet Units or Forming Soviet Corps Combat Units.

Tank Army has a command capacity of 15 and  a die bonus as follows in the Whats New PDF.

V1.05.59 – January 31, 2012 

6. New Rule – Tank Army leaders get +1 added to their Mechanized rating in combat rolls involving motorized units under their command. 

c. Soviet Tank Army Command Capacity is changed to 15.

I do not believe in my experience there are any restriction on what units you can assign. It my current game I made a CCAHQ and place all Cavalry Corps in it. Stalin does what He wants.

Hope this helps, See you on the Steppe.
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
07-02-2017, 12:21 PM,
Thanks Gris; I knew about the tank army when it comes online, but couldn't find shit about CAAHQ and found nothing on Matrix. Very shocked that the manual was useless!!

Can you Ctl+4 to highlight cav units? It doesn't work for my Steam 1.11, nothing highlights with CTL+
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
07-02-2017, 01:39 PM,
(07-02-2017, 12:21 PM)Weasel Wrote: Thanks Gris;  I knew about the tank army when it comes online, but couldn't find shit about CAAHQ and found nothing on Matrix.  Very shocked that the manual was useless!!

Can you Ctl+4 to highlight cav units?  It doesn't work for my Steam 1.11, nothing highlights with CTL+

My Crl hotkeys are working in 1.11. Just checked them, they are highlighting in red. Nothing over at the Matrix forum. Did you try to validated your files?
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
07-03-2017, 05:58 AM,
No, I will though. Are you using custom fonts? That should not affect anything but who knows.
07-03-2017, 08:09 AM,
(07-03-2017, 05:58 AM)Weasel Wrote: No, I will though.  Are you using custom fonts?  That should not affect anything but who knows.

Fonts, Yes, and a dozen other mods too.
07-03-2017, 11:49 AM,
I am just using FONT and map mod (rainy day in Russia), plus the flag mod for the unit detail which looks good. Besides the icons mod what else is there?
07-03-2017, 12:49 PM,
(07-03-2017, 11:49 AM)Weasel Wrote: I am just using FONT and map mod (rainy day in Russia), plus the flag mod for the unit detail which looks good.  Besides the icons mod what else is there?

You can get them here.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2729455

I use JSGME to instal them. The bolded ones are the ones I normally use and are installed as ordered. The list after are the ones  I have in JSGME.

MapMod.WitE.September
aRainyDayInRussia
aRainyDayInRussia Map Fix
Cored 1.2
DK Subtle Sounds 2.0
MapMod.WitE.Color.Coded
Combined Units Icon Monochrome
Unit Box 3
WiteFont
Axis Win 1
Soviet Win 3

German Splash Screen 6

Aircraft Unit Numbers
      Axis Win 2
      Axis Win 3
      Combined Units Icon Color
      Entrained
      German Leaders
      German Splash Screen 1
      German Splash Screen 2
      German Splash Screen 3
      German Splash Screen 4
      German Splash Screen 5
      JM_Units
      Main Menu Splash 01
      Main Menu Splash 02
      Place Names
      Riechskriegflagge
      Soviet Splash Screen 1
      Soviet Splash Screen 2
      Soviet Splash Screen 3
      Soviet Splash Screen 4
      Soviet Splash Screen 5
      Soviet Splash Screen 6
      Soviet Win 1
      Soviet Win 2
      Stout's Unit Counters
      Unit Box 1
      Unit Box 2
      Weather
07-03-2017, 01:31 PM,
Well the validate failed, because of the beta it said they were all crap so that didn't help.
I have not seen all those mods, I will google them, thanks.
07-03-2017, 01:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-03-2017, 01:39 PM by Gris.)
(07-03-2017, 01:31 PM)Weasel Wrote: Well the validate failed, because of the beta it said they were all crap so that didn't help.
I have not seen all those mods, I will google them, thanks.

It should have restore it to 1.09.00 even with the mods. The beta and the mods just guarantee a file download from steam. Did it download any files?

All the mods can be found in the link above.