• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Highlight unit not working?
06-30-2017, 12:39 PM,
Highlight unit not working?
Howdy all;  Now that it is Dec 41 I am combing cavalry units into corps, I tried using the CTL+4 to highlight all cav units but they don't highlight.  A cav symbol appears in the upper right but there is no highlight around the units, even when I was looking directly at a unit with no units on top of it.  Same for all other units too; is this the same for everyone or is my game gimped?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2017, 09:56 PM,
RE: Highlight unit not working?
On my rig, ctrl-4 does indeed highlight all the cav units, both friendly and enemy, in red, and highlights the stack, even if the cav unit is not on top.  However, the highlight is not sticky, and disappears as soon as I select a unit, anywhere.  You have to use ctrl-4 again, to get them back.
07-01-2017, 06:24 AM,
Ok, so it isn't working at all for me, I had the cav unit by itself and in a stack, tried Ctl-4 and nothing; in fact CTL *** doesn't work for any of them. I am using steam version 1.11, is that what you have? Also are you using the default WITE config or changed, I am using a changed one with different fonts because default over writes each other.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
07-02-2017, 01:27 AM,
(07-01-2017, 06:24 AM)Weasel Wrote: Ok, so it isn't working at all for me, I had the cav unit by itself and in a stack, tried Ctl-4 and nothing; in fact CTL *** doesn't work for any of them. I am using steam version 1.11, is that what you have?  Also are you using the default WITE config or changed, I am using a changed one with different fonts because default over writes each other.
I'm using Matrix ver 1.09, default config.  Since it just affects graphics, might be your VGA, I'm using an Nvidia GeForce GTX 745.
07-02-2017, 12:19 PM,
Nvidia 860m so I doubt it is the card, most likely it is a Steam issue.
07-08-2017, 08:21 AM,
So all worked for about 2 days and then I lost my CTL+ again; did another steam check and 1000+ files corrupted. Did a virus and malware check but the system is clean, not sure what is causing this.  The only other thing I can think of is when I end the game I was saving and then hitting the X in the upper right corner, maybe that was affecting the program so I will try using the end game through the menu and see if that fixes it.
07-08-2017, 11:04 AM,
(07-08-2017, 08:21 AM)Weasel Wrote: So all worked for about 2 days and then I lost my CTL+ again; did another steam check and 1000+ files corrupted. Did a virus and malware check but the system is clean, not sure what is causing this.  The only other thing I can think of is when I end the game I was saving and then hitting the X in the upper right corner, maybe that was affecting the program so I will try using the end game through the menu and see if that fixes it.

Consider sending a save file into support, or reinstall Steam, you get a lot of one off errors I haven't ran across. I say give the developers a shot.
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
07-09-2017, 11:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-09-2017, 11:53 AM by Weasel.)
Bloody hell, I fixed it yesterday, started the game today and nothing is working, maybe I have a bad install or maybe it doesn't like being in a drive other than C, I have mine in D.

**Tried letting Steam know, "not our game"; went to Matrix, "don't care about bugs unless they break the game as we are busy with WITE2."**

*** I will try uninstalling and installing again. Is anyone else running the game on an SSD? It should make no difference at all, but just curious.***
07-09-2017, 01:05 PM,
I reinstalled the game with no mods and played with a few units, I will try the game tomorrow and see if the CTL still works.
07-09-2017, 01:55 PM,
(07-09-2017, 01:05 PM)Weasel Wrote: I reinstalled the game with no mods and played with a few units, I will try the game tomorrow and see if the CTL still works.

Bad hard drive???
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris