• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PVO AA unit versus tanks?
06-10-2017, 12:30 PM,
PVO AA unit versus tanks?
Will and can a created AA unit be used as anti-tank?  I build several of these (PVO AA) around Leningrad under the impression that they would serve the same as an 88, but a search of the manual did not show that they could or would engage tanks.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2017, 02:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-11-2017, 04:48 AM by Gris.)
RE: PVO AA unit versus tanks?
(06-10-2017, 12:30 PM)Weasel Wrote: Will and can a created AA unit be used as anti-tank?  I build several of these (PVO AA) around Leningrad under the impression that they would serve the same as an 88, but a search of the manual did not show that they could or would engage tanks.

Weasel,

The only way I know of to verify is the combat message. Rule 3.3.4.User Preferences - Combat Resolution Message Level. Rule 5.4.11.1. Combat Resolution Window & Rule 5.4.11.3. Combat Resolution Message Section

Even at level 7 you do not see everything (Shots that can't hit). Not to mention it can take a long time.

If you want to see if a certain "device" can even damage an AFV you can go to the editor, find the device and see if it has anything under Penetration, Heat, or HVAP. If it can't hurt the target, you probably will not see it in the combat message. 

I remember a thread about this a while back, it was about 88mm AA and they do shoot tanks, but the thread was about a Soviet machine gun shooting the 88 and it should not have been able to because it is in a different range band. 

This question can go real deep into the engine, one of the Developers or long time vets over on the Matrix forum can give detailed answer. 

I build the AA to shoot down planes, if they shoot some tanks too, I consider it a bonus. Your best defensive at Leningrad is Level 5 Forts and luck. Hopefully you can delay till the Blizzard.
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
06-11-2017, 04:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-11-2017, 04:53 AM by Weasel.)
Hey Gris;  Well glad it wasn't me just missing it in the manual again.  I never thought of playing in the editor, it can't hurt though.

In my game the mud is here with winter fast approaching.  I have 3 armies (about 15-18 divisions) waiting for the blizzard to really bite in so I can attack.  I have at this point cut off 3 panzer divisions and and mechanized so hopefully I can keep them that way, which I should be able too with the mud, and destroy them in the white out.

AI sucks on normal mode eh.

Ok:  85mm KS12 Anti-air 90, anti-soft 90, anti-tank 22
85mm D2 same as above but no AA
85mm Zis-S-53 same but no AA

88FLAK 18: AA 95, AS - 95, AT 24

On a side note, I thought the 100kg bomb was pretty useless but is has ratings of: anti-soft 528, AT 44; impressive.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
06-11-2017, 04:49 AM,
(06-11-2017, 04:41 AM)Weasel Wrote: Hey Gris;  Well glad it wasn't me just missing it in the manual again.  I never thought of playing in the editor, it can't hurt though.

In my game the mud is here with winter fast approaching.  I have 3 armies (about 15-18 divisions) waiting for the blizzard to really bite in so I can attack.  I have at this point cut off 3 panzer divisions and and mechanized so hopefully I can keep them that way, which I should be able too with the mud, and destroy them in the white out.

AI sucks on normal mode eh.

If you can encircle them, they should fall, good hunting!
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris