• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Unit Information
04-30-2017, 02:58 AM,
Unit Information
Hi. I'm new to Panzer Battles--I am currently playing the demo. I was wondering if there is a feature in this game similar to the JCTS Unit Viewer from the Campaign Series (Matrix). When I right-click on the unit, it does provide info, but the unit titles are sometimes cryptic, and Google searches don't seem to help (what's a Pz Pio zug?). I'd appreciate any insights. Thanks in advance.
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2017, 04:20 AM,
RE: Unit Information
Welcome to the Blitz and the game system!

Regarding the unit naming convention, I don't know what the Unit Viewer is, sorry.

Some items you can decipher with experience. Most, I think. A way to build that up is through the Editor - Data link in the game. Pick the nationality that you are looking for, you can see the various unit types with their details. For example the 40 PzPio zug (mot) (w) is: Mot Eng or Motorized Engineer (Pz=Panzer which is normally motorized or tracked, Pio is short for Pionier or engineer in English). Zug is platoon, essentially most units.

Choose Edit Data after selecting the unit you are interested in and you get a more readable set of data. This includes showing Motorized Engineer.

Switch to the OOB editor and look at the unit directly. You can, using Edit unit, see my selected unit type from above is a platoon, and part of a Pionier company/battalion as noted in its parent units.

So there is no easy way to get this information, but it isn't terribly hard either, and as you play/look up you will learn these terms pretty well. I find the Soviets to be the hard ones, although the French and German all take some time also.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
04-30-2017, 04:46 AM,
Yea kind of miss the unit viewer from the campaign series with the detailed unit info and comparisons. What i do is pull up the OOB from the demo scenario list, look for entries that start with #Units and start that like a scenario and it will show all the units involved.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
04-30-2017, 05:54 AM,
(04-30-2017, 04:20 AM)Ricky B Wrote: Welcome to the Blitz and the game system!

Regarding the unit naming convention, I don't know what the Unit Viewer is, sorry.

Some items you can decipher with experience. Most, I think. A way to build that up is through the Editor - Data link in the game. Pick the nationality that you are looking for, you can see the various unit types with their details. For example the 40 PzPio zug (mot) (w) is: Mot Eng or Motorized Engineer (Pz=Panzer which is normally motorized or tracked, Pio is short for Pionier or engineer in English). Zug is platoon, essentially most units.

Choose Edit Data after selecting the unit you are interested in and you get a more readable set of data. This includes showing Motorized Engineer.

Switch to the OOB editor and look at the unit directly. You can, using Edit unit, see my selected unit type from above is a platoon, and part of a Pionier company/battalion as noted in its parent units.

So there is no easy way to get this information, but it isn't terribly hard either, and as you play/look up you will learn these terms pretty well. I find the Soviets to be the hard ones, although the French and German all take some time also.

Rick

Yes! Thank you Rick! That does the trick! Fortunately, because the game is not full screen, it makes it easy to alt-tab between them.