• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Games with powerful AI
04-28-2017, 12:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-02-2019, 05:37 AM by Pepe Botijo.)
Games with powerful AI
Which pc games with challenging AI do you recommend?

Unfortunately the majority have a poor, dumb or even retarded engine. In my opinion only a few have a decent AI, some of them:

-Squad Battles
-First World War Campaigns
-Europa Universalis IV
-FEAR
-Pike & Shot
-Sengoku Jidai
-Command Ops 2
-DC3: Barbarrosa
-Heroes III of might and magic+HOTA mod
-Field of Glory II

Any suggestions?
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2017, 05:14 AM,
RE: Games with powerful AI
1830 Railroads and Robber Barons
04-28-2017, 11:07 AM,
Empire: Total War is a good AI game with the mods installed (Darth to name one); but the base AI is ok and will try to flank you and such if it sees an opportunity.

I hate games that increase the hitting and rally ability of the AI forces to try and even things out. The Talon Soft games were like that, only competitive by giving the AI huge bonuses.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
04-28-2017, 06:33 PM,
(04-28-2017, 11:07 AM)Weasel Wrote: Empire: Total War is a good AI game with the mods installed (Darth to name one); but the base AI is ok and will try to flank you and such if it sees an opportunity.

I hate games that increase the hitting and rally ability of the AI forces to try and even things out.  The Talon Soft games were like that, only competitive by giving the AI huge bonuses.

Understand where you are coming from, but let me ask this.. Were you one of those (like me) who over looked all of that at the jaw dropping graphics of PG3d when it was released and had to finish all the campaigns vs the AI right away?
04-29-2017, 04:56 AM,
Not sure what PG3d is, Panzer General 3d?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
04-29-2017, 06:45 AM,
Right. My mistake for not putting down full name of the game.
04-29-2017, 08:19 AM,
I don't own Pzr Gen 3d, I did own the original but never really got into it. I find the CS style games are not to my liking. But yeah, graphics are nice but there has to be something under the hood. I just played the demo version of Diablo 3 and couldn't believe how easy it was to finish, the big bad boss who in Diablo 2 would kick your butt was a push over in 3. Deleted it from the CPU and read reviews, over 3000 people said the same thing on a single site alone.
05-21-2017, 03:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-21-2017, 03:10 AM by gabeeg.)
(04-28-2017, 12:53 AM)Your list has 2 that I was going to suggest DC3 (DC1 and 2 are decent AI\s also...and great games) as well as Command Ops 2.   The only other one that stands out to me right now that is not on your list is   Piercing Fortress Europa at Matrix, really good AI. Pepe Botijo Wrote: Which pc games with challenging AI do you recommend?

Unfortunately the majority have a poor, dumb or even retarded engine. In my opinion only a few have a decent AI, some of them:

-Squad Battles
-First World War Campaigns
-Europa Universalis IV
-FEAR
-Pike & Shot
-Sengoku Jidai
-Command Ops 2
-DC3: Barbarrosa

Any suggestions?
04-18-2018, 12:41 AM,
It's Europa Universalis IV for me.
12-04-2018, 09:00 AM,
well I am with the guys that say EU IV. That is one mighty game. Too bad its not turn based somehow to accommodate PBEM...….but then it wouldn't be EU IV