• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Engineers disembarking question
04-27-2017, 11:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-27-2017, 11:08 AM by 19 Delta.)
Engineers disembarking question
When engineers disembark on /in a minefield hex I've noted they wait till the following turn before their unit info panel notes they are "clearing", but I can move the unit into a minefield after disembarking on the same turn and they immediately begin clearing. My question is why are they prohibited from clearince upon disembarking.

I'm probably missing the obvious , my bad
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2017, 04:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-27-2017, 04:20 PM by ComradeP.)
RE: Engineers disembarking question
The mine clear engineer unit left T-mode on the minefield on the turn where you said they were not clearing?

Mine clear engineer units can move into minefields in T-mode without triggering the mines. I reported that for PB Kursk. It's not a bug per se, just the result of the engineers not triggering minefields under any conditions.

Anyway, what should happen when a mine clear engineer unit moves into a minefield hex in T-mode is that "Clearing mines" will appear in yellow letters, indicating that the unit can do so but is not doing so. When they leave T-mode, it should immediately switch to "Clearing mines" in white letters.

However, mine clear engineer units can't clear mines if they recovered from Disruption in that turn. Is it possible that was the case?
04-28-2017, 10:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-28-2017, 10:50 AM by 19 Delta.)
[Image: 1.jpg]
(04-27-2017, 04:19 PM)ComradeP Wrote: The mine clear engineer unit left T-mode on the minefield on the turn where you said they were not clearing?

Mine clear engineer units  can move into minefields in T-mode without triggering the mines. I reported that for PB Kursk. It's not a bug per se, just the result of the engineers not triggering minefields under any conditions.

Anyway, what should happen when a mine clear engineer unit moves into a minefield hex in T-mode is that "Clearing mines" will appear in yellow letters, indicating that the unit can do so but is not doing so. When they leave T-mode, it should immediately switch to "Clearing mines" in white letters.

However, mine clear engineer units can't clear mines if they recovered from Disruption in that turn. Is it possible that was the case?

The engineer unit disembarked in normal movement mode off the LCVP into a minefield (water hex) triggering the minefield (No Effect) and no indication yellow or white that clearance was underway ?
Animo Et Fide
04-28-2017, 11:52 AM,
I believe you can manually set the engineer to start cleaning mines, although maybe not. Give it a try? I am guessing they don't show clearing upon disembarking due to the setting not being triggered in the code by that method of entry into the mine hex (they are already in when unloading from the transport), while moving in triggers it.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
04-29-2017, 03:07 AM,
I misunderstood what you meant by disembarking.

Manually setting mine clearing like Rick suggested could work. If that's impossible, the code might prevent mine clear engineers from clearing mines on the turn they arrive on-map as a counter.
04-29-2017, 09:28 AM,
Agreed, I figured it had to be something to do with the mechanics of arriving into the hex loaded or I was just overlooking a rule applying to water hex. . Thanks for the replies, I'll try some workarounds the water minefields are murderous avoiding them is not a option.
05-01-2017, 05:56 AM,
Yes , I was able to manually engage clearince....no workaround necessary

Thanks agian Ricky B n' ComradeP