• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NO VALID TARGETS IN HEX????
04-26-2017, 10:01 PM,
NO VALID TARGETS IN HEX????
Got round to looking at the demo. Played through the AI Mersa scenario last night and it was a good fight, with some nice moves by the AI. I got a major win (as Axis), but only because I sneaked a recon unit round the back of his forces and took three high-points objectives. The AI didn't respond at all to that, though to be fair there were only a couple of moves left. Would never have gotten away with it against a human though. Without those points it would have been a draw.

But on to my 'issue'...No doubt another silly novice issue due to me not reading the manual properly...

Playing Hannut as Axis - see pic. Trying to get the circled Panzer III to fire on the circled armoured car. It's in range, but I can't get it targeted. No valid targets in hex, I'm told. Anyone know why this would happen?

Cheers.

[Image: demo%20issue.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2017, 10:07 PM,
RE: NO VALID TARGETS IN HEX????
Is not in range, hard range attack in PzIII is 3 hexes and looks like you are at 4 hexes... soft range is 6 but even in travel mode you are targeting a hard objetive.
04-26-2017, 10:56 PM,
Ah. Thanks. I thought I would get a 'not in range' message for that. Thanks.
04-27-2017, 01:22 PM,
No valid target message because the Soft Attack can reach but no soft target is present in the hex. Could go either way on which message, they both apply, I suppose, but anyway that explains the why of the message.
[Image: exercise.png]
04-27-2017, 05:07 PM,
Thanks, Ricky. I get it now.