• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Put the Demo on Steam !
04-06-2017, 09:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-06-2017, 10:34 PM by wiggum.)
Put the Demo on Steam !
Hi !

Why dont you put the free Demo on Steam ?

You would instantly have thousands of players more !
You dont have to release PzB3 there, just release the Demo, let people play it.

Many will get interested and check the Wargame Design Studios and JTS websites and some will end up buying PzB Normandy or PzB 3 or other JTS games.

So Why not put it as a free Demo on Steam ?

Or better yet, dont call it a DEMO !
Just name it "Panzer Battles" and make it clear in the description that it is a small "free game" with a handful of scenarios.

How many people have downloaded the Demo already ?
500 ?
1000 ?

Why not make it more close to 10.000 in a few days by releasing it on Steam as a free game/demo ?
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2017, 04:27 AM,
RE: Put the Demo on Steam !
Not a bad idea. During the last few years many wargames are coming to Steam. 

Command Ops 2 is also free on Steam.  Smile
04-07-2017, 06:33 AM,
I've used Steam for 10 years and I would rather see it the old school way like Battle Front, HPS and JTS - IMO Wink
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
04-07-2017, 06:44 AM,
(04-07-2017, 06:33 AM)Richie61 Wrote: I've used Steam for 10 years and I would rather see it the old school way like Battle Front, HPS and JTS - IMO Wink

What would be the downside of releasing the free demo on Steam ?

More players - More potential customers.

Why the hate for Steam ?
There are far more complex wargames already on Steam !
I dont say put the full game there, just the free Demo...its free advertising !
04-10-2017, 09:21 PM,
I could be wrong but Steam does not distribute free games. For Command Ops 2 the base game is free but it also has payware DLC's available. Steam likes to know they will make some money with what they host.

I'm not ruling out Steam, but there is some coding/engineering that we need to do. If Kursk/Normandy were up there then it would be easier to have the Demo available through that channel.

The other consideration is pricing. Steam recommends a price rather than following any pricing you may have elsewhere. That can cause disparity (and ill will) if the price is moving around a lot. There is definitely arguments from both angles.

David
04-11-2017, 04:22 AM,
(04-10-2017, 09:21 PM)Strela Wrote: I could be wrong but Steam does not distribute free games. For Command Ops 2 the base game is free but it also has payware DLC's available. Steam likes to know they will make some money with what they host.

There are countless free games on Steam, they even have a own category for it:

http://store.steampowered.com/genre/Free%20to%20Play/

(04-10-2017, 09:21 PM)Strela Wrote: I'm not ruling out Steam, but there is some coding/engineering that we need to do. If Kursk/Normandy were up there then it would be easier to have the Demo available through that channel.

The other consideration is pricing. Steam recommends a price rather than following any pricing you may have elsewhere. That can cause disparity (and ill will) if the price is moving around a lot. There is definitely arguments from both angles.

David

No need to put the full games there, just the Demo as free game.
04-21-2017, 08:33 PM,
Will you put it on Steam ?