• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Smolensk 41-back to square one
03-28-2017, 12:49 AM,
Smolensk 41-back to square one
Hello all,

I was an old time member of The Blitz and am now easing back into this system after many years away. I have the original disc (ver.1) of Smolensk and want to reinstall and get it up to speed. Going to Tiller's product page I see that the map is now much better and like the look of it. What do I need to do to get the latest version? Can I work from this old copy or do I need to purchase the title again? I could find no patches or downloads on Tiller's Web site and wonder where to find the support. Also, any issues with the older games and Windows 10? I had no trouble downloading Tunisia 43 but know things may be different for that.  Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-2017, 01:57 AM,
RE: Smolensk 41-back to square one
I believe all you need to do is install the game then go to the HPS website then get latest update then you are good to go as far as playing.
03-28-2017, 02:14 AM,
Actually you're better off emailing JTS support at [email protected], they will ask for some info on your original disk and will then send you links and a key for the latest version of Smolensk.

David
03-28-2017, 03:00 AM,
Welcome back!

Getting a new version from JTS is the best solution, however should you end up using your original disc there is an issue with Win10 and the old disc's, see this thread https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=69115 once you have the game folder in the correct location (same place as your T43 game) then you can go to the HPS update page http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/Updates/up_...es_PZC.asp and download the latest's update 1.16, remember to unzip it to the new location for your S41 folder. Wink
03-28-2017, 11:02 PM,
(03-28-2017, 03:00 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: Welcome back!

Getting a new version from JTS is the best solution, however should you end up using your original disc there is an issue with Win10 and the old disc's, see this thread https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=69115 once you have the game folder in the correct location (same place as your T43 game) then you can go to the HPS update page http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/Updates/up_...es_PZC.asp and download the latest's update 1.16, remember to unzip it to the new location for your S41 folder. Wink

Thanks for the links. This should do the job. Hopefully.
03-29-2017, 03:37 AM,
Is this a new account or can we dust off your old one?
03-29-2017, 03:50 AM,
(03-29-2017, 03:37 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: Is this a new account or can we dust off your old one?

If you can find it. It has been quite a while. probably under the user name of crsutton or crsutt. Would not object to dusting it off at all.
03-29-2017, 03:52 AM,
I did get the old game up and running and it is working fine. However, I noticed the map for Smolensk at JTS is a lot nicer looking. Does that only come with a new download from that site? That said, perhaps there are unit and map mods around. I will check out the mods section.
03-29-2017, 04:01 AM,
Actually found it, under the my name Ross Sutton. Joined in 2000. Wow! Seventeen years ago. It is OK to eliminate this account and reopen that one but the Internets being what it is, I probably should go with a different user name.
03-30-2017, 02:20 AM,
Let me chat to admin and get back to you. Wink