• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Long time member looking to get back on saddle
03-15-2017, 07:41 AM,
Long time member looking to get back on saddle
Looking for one game campaign game anything from WWII don't have sealion everything else should still work all being well. Any takers?
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2017, 01:34 PM,
RE: Long time member looking to get back on saddle
I've been away for awhile too. I'll take on a game with you. I have them all. Any suggestions?
03-15-2017, 06:45 PM,
(03-15-2017, 01:34 PM)Dirk Gross Wrote: I've been away for awhile too. I'll take on a game with you. I have them all. Any suggestions?

Shall we go back to the beginning with Smolensk willing to play either side and open to VM's alt campaign if you prefer or maybe The Bear Lashes Back that was always one of my favourites
03-16-2017, 12:16 AM,
Good to see you gents back, welcome!!

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
03-16-2017, 04:31 AM,
Great to see old vets return...................... Big Grin
03-16-2017, 08:08 AM,
A bit red faced got to ask where is it now possible to get the Bear Lashes back Scenario I think I got it from Glen Saunders page many moons ago but Glen has retired the site now. How old does that make me feel. Thanks in advance for any pointers on where to get the scenario in question have looked but so far have found no joy.
03-16-2017, 08:32 AM,
Attached is what you are looking for. Smile

The following is taken from the Read Me file:

* As seen in the image at the right, the Order-of-Battle has been completely overhauled and the German units are broken down to the company level. Researched in detail using Microfilm sources and new info from David Glantz, this OOB also feature the correct German spelling that most fans of World War II enjoy and appreciate.
    * Six scenarios including a new Campaign game.
         1. Storming the Land Bridge
            - (Vitebsk), covering the first four days of PanzerGruppe 3's attack toward Vitebsk and the Dvina
         2. A Decision to be Made
            - (Orsha), covering the first four days of PanzerGruppe 2's attack between Orsha and Mogilev
         3. Drive on Smolensk
            - The Campaign game using the new OOB.
         4. The Bear Lashes Back
            - covering the Soviet counteroffensive starting on 23 July and lasting six days.
         5. Drive over the Dnepr
            - (Mogilev), A small scenario covering the attack on Mogilev.
         6. Closing the Ring
            - (Yartsevo), A small meeting engagement between 7.Panzer-Division and Operational Group Rokossovsky
      Smolensk '41 screen Capture - image @ 30%
    * New larger map with more area to the west of the Dnepr. Click on the jump map image at the right to see the full size image. The cyan coloured line shows the extend of the old Smolensk Campaign Map.
    * Designer Notes and list of sources useful for any gamer interested in this period of the War.

Attached Files
.zip   Smolensk41_XPak2.zip (Size: 2.96 MB / Downloads: 11)
03-16-2017, 11:34 AM,
Thanks everyone. I think it will be easy to get back into the action. It's like riding a bike I'm guessing. I have a turn ready for sending.
03-17-2017, 03:14 AM,
Yes thank you for all the assistance looks like we have a game on. Always was a great home this place just need my pair of slippers and all would be perfect.
03-17-2017, 03:16 AM,
(03-16-2017, 08:32 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Attached is what you are looking for. Smile

The following is taken from the Read Me file:

* As seen in the image at the right, the Order-of-Battle has been completely overhauled and the German units are broken down to the company level. Researched in detail using Microfilm sources and new info from David Glantz, this OOB also feature the correct German spelling that most fans of World War II enjoy and appreciate.
    * Six scenarios including a new Campaign game.
         1. Storming the Land Bridge
            - (Vitebsk), covering the first four days of PanzerGruppe 3's attack toward Vitebsk and the Dvina
         2. A Decision to be Made
            - (Orsha), covering the first four days of PanzerGruppe 2's attack between Orsha and Mogilev
         3. Drive on Smolensk
            - The Campaign game using the new OOB.
         4. The Bear Lashes Back
            - covering the Soviet counteroffensive starting on 23 July and lasting six days.
         5. Drive over the Dnepr
            - (Mogilev), A small scenario covering the attack on Mogilev.
         6. Closing the Ring
            - (Yartsevo), A small meeting engagement between 7.Panzer-Division and Operational Group Rokossovsky
      Smolensk '41 screen Capture - image @ 30%
    * New larger map with more area to the west of the Dnepr. Click on the jump map image at the right to see the full size image. The cyan coloured line shows the extend of the old Smolensk Campaign Map.
    * Designer Notes and list of sources useful for any gamer interested in this period of the War.
That got it thanks Compass managed to find expansion pack one from HPS site but not these files which I think were expansion pack2. These days such things would count as a |DLC and cost money it was a different time when they were available for free.