• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Le Desert
03-12-2017, 08:43 AM,
Opponent Wanted  Le Desert
This looks like a good one.  I'm playing this one blind and not particular as to what side and will dance with the first to reply to this thread......pick a side and send me set up to my DB

[email protected]

It is now 0815hrs, 11 July. Throughout the night reports have been coming in of armored attacks all along the line. It seems the German Lehr Panzer Division is attacking, probably with an aim of reaching ISIGNY and splitting the beachhead. Today is warm and dry, with a early morning mist over the valley. A Co. will hold LE DESERT until at least 0930hrs, in order to allow reinforcements to move into depth positions. A Co. has been tasked with holding LE DESERT while mobile reserves are brought up. There are mortars and artillery in support, and some tracked support is on the way from ST-JEAN-DE-DAYE along the D8. Panzer Lehr Division has been reported as moiving into this area over the last couple of days. Any attack here is likely to consist of a company-sized battlegroup of infantry and tanks, supported by artillery. Ther aim will be to secure the village as a jumping-off point for a further advance on St Jean de Daye. The village has been divided into forward zone, central zone around Co HQ, and rearward zone around the Crossroads. If attacked in strength, conduct a deliberate delaying withdrawal through the village, ensuring that the crossroads are held. There are mines and obstacles to assist holding the flanks, but the road through the centre of town is likely to be where the enemys main effort occurs. Use enfilade and defilade to wear down the enemy, indirect fires to disrupt him, and withdraw slowly through the village. Armour is on the way to bolster the defence. Be prepared to conter-attack if the opportunity arises.
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2017, 09:50 AM,
RE: Le Desert
Found a partner for this one.
Quote this message in a reply