• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Armored Brigade
01-24-2017, 09:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-24-2017, 09:26 AM by Red2112.)
Armored Brigade
Armored Brigade
From what is said, to be this year on our PC´s  Helmet Smile

Home page and free copy in the download section...
http://www.armoredbrigade.com/

Iam trying the free copy now and promising indeed!
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2017, 01:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-26-2017, 04:29 AM by A Canadian Cat.)
RE: Armored Brigade
A few things jumped out at me.
  • One is the Real time engine - implies no turn based :(
  • The scale seems interesting but they also say they go down to a single tank / team at the lowest point, that raises red flags I would prefer to see a game either go down to low level of detail - teams and tanks or keep the scale up a bit higher. Trying to cover both 15km by 15km battlefield fields and get down to the level of teams and tanks seems like too much.
  • Is there a way to even play against a human player?
I just glanced at the feature list, the forum and the screen shots so I would love to hear what you think of the demo and what you think of my questions / concerns above.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
01-26-2017, 03:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-26-2017, 03:22 AM by Red2112.)
(01-25-2017, 01:22 AM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: A few things jumped out at me.
  • One is the Real time engine - implies no turn based :(
  • The scale seems interesting but they also say they go down to a single tank / team at the lowest point, that raises red flags I would prefer to see a game either go down to low level of detail - teams and tanks or keep the scale up a big higher. Trying to cover both 15km by 15km battlefield fields and get down to the level of teams and tanks seems like too much.
  • Is there a way to even play against a human player?
I just glanced at the feature list, the forum and the screen shots so I would love to hear what you think of the demo and what you think of my questions / concerns above.

Hi Canadian Cat!

Thanks for your interest.

- Yeah it´s not turn based that I know of which is a shame. It could have been like Combat Mission and have the best of both worlds, that would have been nice!

- Regarding scale, aim still trying it out.  Been looking at videos to figure how it all works, but I would rather have a low count and in detail. You can set that before you generate the scenario so I don´t see a issue there.

-  I don´t see a way to play this against a human player in the free version yet, so will have to wait on that for now. 

I´ll let you know how I feel after some game play soon but it is unique so far.  My only grip would be the turn-based which I prefer for sure but I also play Flashpoint Campaigns so... Rolling Eyes

Some more footage...

I just wish the guy all the best! Its always nice to see new games come along.
05-21-2017, 12:21 PM,
Did they take the free download away? I cant find it anywhere
12-15-2020, 06:45 AM,
I've played this a little and its pretty darn good. Take a look at the Chechnya mod.