• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Fatigue and rest
01-23-2017, 12:20 PM,
c_Question Mark  Fatigue and rest
I am just outside Kiev, well actually about 100 miles from it, and noticed that my armoured units were in the 40s for fatigue so I gave them a week off of not moving (reduced their fatigue to 20s), also figured it would allow them to replenish too while the grunts caught up.  But it got me wondering what levels others use to rest their units, also do you just sit them still or put them to rest and refit?  My boys were still on the front line so they had to stay combat ready.

Also found a good trick, I am always losing my FDB repair units in the mass that are the computer controlled, so I changed all of the ones I can control to a dark green, now they stand out like a sore thumb.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2017, 09:52 PM,
RE: Fatigue and rest
Learn to use the Commanders report to find those FBD units. I never used it until I started playing War in the West where its vital to managing your air units. It's really quite a powerful tool.
01-24-2017, 05:41 AM,
Thought I would post how to find those FBD units, or any other using the Commanders Report for those of you who aren't familiar with it.  I opened up the 1941-1945 Campaign as the Germans and hit "c" which is the hotkey to pull up the Commanders Report, which is really more a filterable database than a report.  Here is what I got;
[Image: WitE%20Commanders%20Report.JPG]
As you can see I could stop here as fortunately the FBD units were right on top but lets go ahead filter the report to just show the construction units, which the FBD are.  First I hit the None in the Unit Display Filters and this hid all units then I hit the Constr in that same filter selection and got this;
[Image: WitE%20Filtered%20Commanders%20Report.JPG]
As you can see it's a lot cleaner now with just the Construction units pulled up.  To get to the FBD unit you just need to click on the hex location listed for it and it will take you to that spot on the map with the unit display for that unit opened.
You can close that and proceed to fix your railroads.  You can hit the "c" key again the Commanders report will pull up with your same filters in place so you can easily find the rest of the FBD units.  It is also useful for finding all your HQ's and seeing what SU's are attached to them or their units and many other things.  I'd strongly suggest learning to use this tool
01-24-2017, 08:07 AM,
Hi KG;  I find the text and such hard to read on my screen, lots of information crammed into the screen.  Especially the filters at the bottom and I even have a custom font file installed too.

I find my colour coded pretty easy, especially since I code each full front a colour and then make the PZ formations a variation of that colour.  In the current game AGN is yellow, AGC is blue and AGS is orange (I am partially colour blind btw).  Thus anything green stands out.

[Image: Rail.jpg]
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
01-24-2017, 08:15 AM,
I won't argue with you about the colors in the Commander's report being difficult to see sometimes and I can especially understand if you are color blind.  Still I hope it can help anyone else that needs it.
01-24-2017, 08:48 AM,
It is too bad that they shoved so much information onto a single panel, panels would have been much better.
01-24-2017, 01:06 PM,
(01-24-2017, 08:15 AM)KG_RangerBooBoo Wrote: I won't argue with you about the colors in the Commander's report being difficult to see sometimes and I can especially understand if you are color blind.  Still I hope it can help anyone else that needs it.

I tried your way, I actually had to set my setting to ENG to get the rail repair guys to show up but it did work, thanks. Wink
01-24-2017, 10:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-24-2017, 10:08 PM by KG_RangerBooBoo.)
(01-24-2017, 01:06 PM)Weasel Wrote:
(01-24-2017, 08:15 AM)KG_RangerBooBoo Wrote: I won't argue with you about the colors in the Commander's report being difficult to see sometimes and I can especially understand if you are color blind.  Still I hope it can help anyone else that needs it.

I tried your way, I actually had to set my setting to ENG to get the rail repair guys to show up but it did work, thanks. Wink

That's odd because if I use ENG I only pull up Pioneer battalions or Sturm Assault Engineers.  What version are you on?  I'm using 1.09.00
01-25-2017, 04:18 AM,
Same version, from Steam.  I also have the addon packs too, maybe they changed it in one of the addons?  Here a screens of CONST and ENG, construction doesn't seem to do anything.

Const:

[Image: const.jpg]

ENG

[Image: Eng.jpg]
01-25-2017, 05:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-04-2017, 02:33 PM by Gris.)
Another way is hit the r key or the rail damage button, it highlights the FBD units in yellow. You have to do this without a unit selected. Then you can select the unit on the map, show up fairly well in most zooms. The yellow color is probably editable also, just haven't look into it.

[Image: Rail.jpg]

In Addition the Hot Key Ctrl-9: Highlight Rail Repair Units Button highlights the units too.

I'll put some stuff up on fatigue and rest in a few days. I got hit with the flu, so my fatigue level is at 90. Just sayin'
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris