• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PBEM replay issue
01-23-2017, 02:48 AM,
Help  PBEM replay issue
In one of my pbem games me and my opponnent have observed that part of the replay is missing. Effect of the action is seen after replay, but any action happening in LOS is truncated from the replay. Has anyone seen something like this before? Is there a chance that our game file got corrupt and we are doomed to this glitch and would need to restart the battle to fix it? Replays are important in my game play and I would not want to see this happenning throughout entire battle.

The issue was seen on EF with latest patch. Also I completed a game with this opponent recently without issues. Any suggestions?
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2017, 05:32 AM,
RE: PBEM replay issue
(01-23-2017, 02:48 AM)PawelM Wrote: In one of my pbem games me and my opponnent have observed that part of the replay is missing. Effect of the action is seen after replay, but any action happening in LOS is truncated from the replay. Has anyone seen something like this before? Is there a chance that our game file got corrupt and we are doomed to this glitch and would need to restart the battle to fix it? Replays are important in my game play and I would not want to see this happenning throughout entire battle.

The issue was seen on EF with latest patch. Also I completed a game with this opponent recently without issues. Any suggestions?

The issue is very likely related to PC memory. There are any number of possible reasons why this happened, any one or combination can contribute. When doing PBEM, the replay file is built as you move and progress through the turn.

Close other games if you have ....ie don't have several games or scn opened and minimized. Don't use the Save As function during the turn. Doing save as and then reloading the turn from an earlier point his a huge contributing factor but the effect is NOT a certain sign that this happened either.

if you cold boot your PC before starting you turn, load one game, one scn only and proceed once through your turn without using save as or reloading from an earlier file, than I can almost certainly say you will never see this issue.
Send this user an email
01-23-2017, 10:53 AM,
Good to see you floating around, Glenn!
Send this user an email
01-23-2017, 04:16 PM,
Thanks for the reply. I am not sure if there was memory issue. Only CS and browser were open at the time with windows task manager showing plenty free RAM. Plus the same thing happened on my side and my opponnent has seen it with the same game file.

At the same time i am not seeing issues with even bigger scenarios where the turns coming back are over 1.5MB.

I have not used save button. I have also tried opening the file again wuth only cs running and see exactly the same issue.
01-23-2017, 10:43 PM,
(01-23-2017, 02:48 AM)PawelM Wrote: In one of my pbem games me and my opponnent have observed that part of the replay is missing. Effect of the action is seen after replay, but any action happening in LOS is truncated from the replay. Has anyone seen something like this before? Is there a chance that our game file got corrupt and we are doomed to this glitch and would need to restart the battle to fix it? Replays are important in my game play and I would not want to see this happenning throughout entire battle.

It may be the effects of hidden shooters?
01-26-2017, 08:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-26-2017, 08:02 AM by PawelM.)
I think the file got corrupt as it seems to be confined to a specific half of the map. Any action in the section of the map is truncated consistently turn by turn.

So, it is either corrupted file or some Katalan mod cloaking weapons???
01-29-2017, 08:00 AM,
(01-23-2017, 10:43 PM)Von Earlmann Wrote:

It may be the effects of hidden shooters?

That is a good point. I am his opponent.
This is a very very rare event. I suppose I've had a 'corrupt' file twice in the last 18 years.
I play with a powerful HTPC system I built. Not one to have any other programs or resources running simultaneously.
Never a problem with this game. It happened to us both. On opposite sides! So definitely some Space Alien shit going on.