• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

medium bridges
01-12-2017, 07:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-12-2017, 07:44 AM by phoenix.)
medium bridges
Quick beginner question (I will always be a beginner...) - can towed guns (88s, for example) get over medium bridges? For some reason I can't recall if I've done that before. Thanks. 

Peter
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2017, 12:43 PM,
RE: medium bridges
Not positive, but I would think yes - failry sure of that. If they use half track prime movers, maybe not? You can always setup a test scenario and see.
[Image: exercise.png]
01-12-2017, 03:58 PM,
(01-12-2017, 07:44 AM)phoenix Wrote: Quick beginner question (I will always be a beginner...) - can towed guns (88s, for example) get over medium bridges? For some reason I can't recall if I've done that before. Thanks. 

Peter

Light, Medium, and Heavy Bridges

Light Bridges represent simple foot-bridges and can only be used by
infantry. Light Bridges are also used to represent Railroad Bridges to reflect
their poor ability to handle vehicular traffic.

Medium Bridges represent wooden bridges and can be used by infantry
and non-armored vehicles.

Heavy Bridges represent metal bridges and can be used by all units.

The above is a cut-and-paste from the PzC manual, but I'm pretty sure that Railroad Bridges are actually treated as Heavy Bridges in all instances I've run across.  I do know that a soft-halftrack towing a Russian heavy artillery (152mm) unit can use a medium bridge in Moscow '42.

Regards,
Billie
01-12-2017, 06:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-12-2017, 06:46 PM by phoenix.)
Yes, thanks, guys. The question is whether a 'towed gun' (an 88, for example) is 'armoured', given what's said in the manual, as pasted above. I have a feeling they're not armoured (ie, I think in the past I've crossed medium bridges with them), but not sure.

Peter
01-16-2017, 01:08 PM,
(01-12-2017, 06:46 PM)phoenix Wrote: Yes, thanks, guys. The question is whether a 'towed gun' (an 88, for example) is 'armoured', given what's said in the manual, as pasted above. I have a feeling they're not armoured (ie, I think in the past I've crossed medium bridges with them), but not sure.

Peter

I'm pretty sure they can Peter.
Send this user an email
01-22-2017, 10:00 PM,
Thanks Glenn.