• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Changing HHQ
01-07-2017, 01:24 PM,
Changing HHQ
Hi;  I know I can change the HHQ of corps and down, but can I change the higher level?  I want to transfer the 6th army to AGC and 2nd Pz Grp to AGS, but it doesn't seem possible.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2017, 04:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-07-2017, 04:32 PM by Gris.)
RE: Changing HHQ
(01-07-2017, 01:24 PM)Weasel Wrote: Hi;  I know I can change the HHQ of corps and down, but can I change the higher level?  I want to transfer the 6th army to AGC and 2nd Pz Grp to AGS, but it doesn't seem possible.

Hi Weasel,

Do you have enough admin points? Range sometimes matter, but not for Army Group that I can remember.

Rule 12.2.1. On-Map Unit Attachment Change Cost Worksheet (To manually calculate cost) The calculation starts at a base of 100 admin points according to the chart (not sure if it has change, but probably close, this is a maximum cost)

Also see:

rule 5.4.16. HQ Unit Detail Window
5.4.25. Pick New HQ Window (it should give you the admin cost here in this menu, easier than the math)

I believe if you can't make the change due to range or admin points, it is not listed in the Pick New menu IRC

Hope this helps.
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
01-08-2017, 04:54 AM,
This is all at the start of the 41 scenario, before anything is done so everyone is deployed close to each other. Maybe it costs more than 30 admin points which I start the game with, that could be why. Guess I will have to get into the manual.

Thanks for the help once again.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
01-08-2017, 07:37 AM,
(01-08-2017, 04:54 AM)Weasel Wrote: This is all at the start of the 41 scenario, before anything is done so everyone is deployed close to each other.  Maybe it costs more than 30 admin points which I start the game with, that could be why.  Guess I will have to get into the manual.

Thanks for the help once again.

Weasel,

I checked and just to switch one of the Corps in 6th Army is 18-24 admin points. You might be able to switch some the divisions between the Army Groups, at 30 points you start out limited.

Glad to help, Good luck on the Steppe!
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
01-08-2017, 09:58 AM,
Yeah, corps are 20 pts. I figure that since mud and winter are much reduced in the south then it would make sense to put the mechanized units down there and the sloggers in the north.
01-08-2017, 10:44 AM,
(01-08-2017, 09:58 AM)Weasel Wrote: Yeah, corps are 20 pts.  I figure that since mud and winter are much reduced in the south then it would make sense to put the mechanized units down there and the sloggers in the north.

Another option maybe taking 4th Pz from AGN and moving it to AGC after you have pushed to Leningrad. Once you hit Leningrad the Infantry take over, or just send it to AGS. By then you should have enough admin points. I think the Axis did this historically if I remember (not a 100% on that). Maybe even push 2 Pz to AGS after you passed the marshes. It is sometimes difficult too because you have to also take rail capacity into consideration. 

4th to AGC, 2nd Pz to AGS (like you said in the beginnings) is plausible before the Blizzard (?). Move them by rail when the mud hits, so you are not losing too much combat momentum and they can attack in the snow before and after the Blizzard.

Sounds like a staff meeting at the Wolf's Lair  Big Grin2