• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

explain "out of command"
01-07-2017, 12:16 AM,
explain "out of command"
could someone point me to an explanation in the rules for "out of command".

I don't under stand why some HQ's are in and others are out.

82nd Div Hq is out.

I have following HQ's out:

82nd div out at 55,61
507 regt out at 57,61
2bn 507 out at 54,62
1bn 507 in at  54,63
2bn 508 out at 58,66
1bn 508 in at 58,68
508 regt out  at 62,67
3bn  508 out at 59,69

all of these HQ's are within 10 hexes of each other and some are in command and some are not.

any help would be appreciated
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2017, 01:16 AM,
RE: explain "out of command"
Check out page 69 in the Normandy User Manual.

It explains about command.

Not sure which scenario you are playing or what turn you are on however, if the units parachuted in, every thing starts out in total chaos, including the HQ units.
01-07-2017, 09:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-07-2017, 09:11 AM by dukemat.)
(01-07-2017, 01:16 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Check out page 69 in the Normandy User Manual.

It explains about command.

Not sure which scenario you are playing or what turn you are on however, if the units parachuted in command, every thing starts out in total chaos, including the HQ units.

thanks..........I have read all that area several times and it is no help.

I am a long time Tiller player and have many many games and the rules sometimes leave allot to be desired.

I keep thinking I am missing something. I can't seem to come up with a answer.

my previous post mentioned and described the location of several HQ's and it does not make sense to me why some are in command and some are out of command.

btw.........I am playing #0606_06.
I have played it several times.
01-07-2017, 10:40 AM,
HQ in command status is checked individually. In the user manual, page 70:
The Command Test begins with the highest level HQ units for that side and for that scenario. Given a Global Supply Value of X% for the HQ side, the HQ will be in command if a randomly generated percentage is less than this Supply value.

If any HQ fails the check, just that HQ is out of command. Location doesn't matter, not sure why you think that if you have been reading this section. There are more details on the check being made, and what happens if an HQ check fails but then the parent HQ is in command (better chance of being in command in this case). See if that helps at all. If not, please be specific on questions, this section on the command test lays out most of what is going on, I thought.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]