• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France '14 Opponent Needed - CLOSED
12-30-2016, 01:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-31-2016, 01:18 AM by 2-81 Armor.)
Opponent Wanted  France '14 Opponent Needed - CLOSED
I'm looking for someone willing to take on a novice to the First World War series.

Full disclosure: I've played Panzer Campaigns and Modern Campaigns before, so I'm somewhat familiar with the general system. However, even though I've owned F'14 and EP'14 since they were released, beyond a few turns of the Getting Started scenarios, I've never played a live opponent.

This will be my first WW I gaming experience since I designed the "Home Before The Leaves Fall" scenario for Matrix Games TOAW III many years ago....different scales, and systems, and I think this one is better than anything I designed by far.

I'd like to start with something small to medium, and then work up to a Campaign. My turn rate is 3-4 per week, and I believe in never gaming the system just to win at all costs. Hopefully someone out there is in the same boat, and is patient with a newbie.

I'm willing to play either side, and am open to discussing any rule preferences.

I'm using the JTS version with the latest patch.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to hear for somebody soon.

EDIT: Now closed - game arranged.
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2016, 02:15 PM,
RE: France '14 Opponent Needed
Would be glad to, as I have the exact experience with this game as you do.  I have France '14.  I've sent you an email.
12-30-2016, 09:23 PM,
Hope you guys enjoy the experience as the FWWC series is great fun.

Have you both read my article https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=68369 it will help to make the transition from series to series, but always bear in mind that your losses are linked to the number of troops/guns you have stacked in a hex, so the PzC/MC tactic of maxing out the stacking allowance when you move adjacent to an enemy unit will only bring pain and frustration to the attacker.  Wink
12-31-2016, 01:22 AM,
(12-30-2016, 09:23 PM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: Hope you guys enjoy the experience as the FWWC series is great fun.

Have you both read my article https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=68369 it will help to make the transition from series to series, but always bear in mind that your losses are linked to the number of troops/guns you have stacked in a hex, so the PzC/MC tactic of maxing out the stacking allowance when you move adjacent to an enemy unit will only bring pain and frustration to the attacker.  Wink

Thanks for the tip, and I'll be having a look at that article.

FWWC looks fun to me all ready. Not too complex, but detailed, involved, and very, very well documented!