• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Latest Squad Battles?
12-26-2016, 09:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-26-2016, 09:33 PM by Red2112.)
Latest Squad Battles?
Greetings folks,

New around here and to the SB series! First off I hope everyone is enjoying there holiday´s if any!  I havent had enough time till now to post here on The Blitz Club and hope I can jump into some PBEM soon too, so if anybody wants to slauter a newbi go ahead and shoot  Big Grin2

I was wondering which are the latest SB titles that JTS put out? I havent seen a timeline anywhere except when some (Pacific War, Korea) where put on HPS.  So for now I have Pacific War and plan to buy more.

I tried the Grenada demo and I really like how the graphics look on that one, and I know the same author put out the Falklands module but, are there any other titles that look like the Grenada demo?

I will soon try Rchies mods also.

Thank you and good care,

Red
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2016, 12:45 AM,
RE: Latest Squad Battles?
The SB series can be very addicting! Smile

I am not 100% sure on the release time frame however, this would be my guess.

(Oldest title at the bottom of the list, and the newest release at the top.)

Falklands

First World War

Modern War

Red Victory

Dien Bien Phu

Spanish Civil War

Winter War

Soviet-Afghan War

Pacific War

Advance of the Reich

The Korean War

Eagles Strike

The Proud and the Few

Tour of Duty

Vietnam
12-27-2016, 06:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-27-2016, 06:55 AM by Red2112.)
Hi Compass Rose,

Thank you!

Your list would explain why "Falklands" designed by Jeff Conner who also did the "Grenada" demo would have a updated graphical look, more like the new "Panzer Battles" series of which I have both too.

I´ll go for the Falklands and maybe Modern War next week. Again thanks Compass Rose.

Yes I also think this series is quite addicting! Iam enjoying it alot!

Care,

Red
12-27-2016, 10:53 AM,
Best in the series is "Red Victory". It has 90 scenarios and there are also add on scenarios for RV. Smile
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
12-28-2016, 12:07 AM,
(12-27-2016, 10:53 AM)Richie61 Wrote: Best in the series is "Red Victory". It has 90 scenarios and there are also add on scenarios for RV. Smile

Thanks Richie61 I do read good things about this title, will see...
12-28-2016, 08:21 AM,
Someone must have gotten money for Christmas. :)
12-28-2016, 08:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-28-2016, 09:36 PM by Red2112.)
(12-28-2016, 08:21 AM)enigma6584 Wrote: Someone must have gotten money for Christmas.  :)

Hey, nice to see ya here!

More like alot of work and the wifey´s permission to spend it! She even bought me Combat Commander Europe for Christmas  Big Grin2  Sweet she is!

I´ll see what you´r T-80´s are up to tomorrow! 

Hope we can match up for some SB too, which one´s do you have?
12-29-2016, 07:14 AM,
I'm afraid I don't have any of the Squad Battles but I do have the Panzer Battles, both Kursk and Normandy.
12-29-2016, 10:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-29-2016, 10:17 PM by Red2112.)
(12-29-2016, 07:14 AM)enigma6584 Wrote: I'm afraid I don't have any of the Squad Battles but I do have the Panzer Battles, both Kursk and Normandy.

Ok, thanks! Yeah we kind of went for the same titles this Christmas! Glad we did  Wink

I just picked up Tigers on the Hunt yesterday which I think is gonna help me out with ASLSK#1.  It´s real cool BTW, I have it with the ASL mod. To bad for the multiplayer thing but it´s still alot of fun to play.  I would say TotH, LnLHoS and Squad Battles are all very addicting and fun to play IMHO.
12-29-2016, 11:06 PM,
Squad Leader mod for TotH. Uses the stock data letters and stars. 2 man counter is a full squad and one man counter is a half squad.

[Image: TotH-SL-Peter_zpsddkkreje.jpg]
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."