• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stopped Working
12-15-2016, 08:31 PM,
Stopped Working
Interesting.
I played a turn yesterday. This morning when I went to play another turn I got a message; "West Front has stopped working WestFront.exe".
I tried a couple times and no joy. I then tried EF and RS and got a similar message for each.

Windows has the info and is supposed to troubleshoot and give me an answer to my problem.

I was planning on playing turns up until my move on Tuesday. But, this might be the cut off for my games until after I get the computer set up in my new digs.
Pretty busy with getting out of the house on time and getting through settlement. So it might be fortuitous.

I'll notify my opponents by e-mail. Hopefully e-mail will continue to work. Rolling Eyes

HSL
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2016, 12:19 AM,
RE: Stopped Working
Don't wait up for Windows to help

I assume you did the stupid stuff, like rebooting? You could try a system restore to a day when the game was working. It won't affect your files, it just replaces your registry with an earlier one and will restore Windows files to whatever they were on that date. Comes in handy when Windows Update screws something up. Speaking of which, there were updates rolled out this week. I'll bet something corrupted in the process. A restore should fix it, then you can reupdate.

Let me know if you need help with a system restore. Plenty of how-to's on google or videos on youtube. It's easy, just takes awhile.

Good luck with the move.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
12-16-2016, 09:25 PM,
Thanks Dave.
I did get the Win 10 updates. Around four of them.

I think it might be something less technical on my end.
So far it's CS that is effected and not the rest of the computer.
My opponents are understanding. I'll do more when I reassemble the comp at the new digs.
I can pick up the games after the move and the fix.

Thanks again,

Ed
01-04-2017, 09:21 AM,
Got internet service back. Smile
One thing at a time! Whistle

Also got CS up and running. The issue was with sound and not the game or Windows 10. I blame the user. Search2

Farmer

HSL
01-04-2017, 11:15 AM,
Awesome!! Not the blame it on the user part, the other thing!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
01-04-2017, 12:31 PM,
I want to be a ludite when I grow up.  Smile
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
01-04-2017, 10:26 PM,
LOL!
Mike. It was all me. Shocked

Dave, it was not intentional. Angel

Farmer

HSL