• Downloads

Off Topic
11-22-2016, 01:56 PM,
Off Topic
Douglas Reeman needs our help.

[Image: S.gif]

[Image: S.gif]

[Image: d3a0c89d-7233-40ae-971f-9f37a7a329e5.jpg]

Douglas Reeman, who has brought us countless hours of reading pleasure, both with books published under his name and the Richard Bolitho series published under his pen name Alexander Kent, needs our help. He is now 92 and suffering from an array of illnesses including leukemia, shingles, and pneumonia. Medical expenses related to a series of earlier ailments and accidents have drained the Reemans' assets.  Douglas wants to leave the hospital and face the inevitable in his home. His wife, Kimberley Reeman and the Reemans' financial advisor believe that the Reemans have inadequate funds to provide Douglas with round-the-clock hospice nursing care at home. Can you please join us in helping? Click below for more information.

https://www.gofundme.com/www-douglasreeman-com

Best regards,

Alex Skutt and Panda Musgrove

I have read all of his books over the last 50 years and shared his love of the sea.  I received this message from his publisher and thought it fitting to post it here.  He and his wife were always gracious in replying to my emails.  I wish  'fair winds and following seas' to this fine gentleman and WWII Royal Navy vet.  Respect4
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2016, 12:26 PM,
RE: Off Topic
I, too, have read many of the Bolitho novels. Fine work!
01-26-2017, 03:44 AM,
RE: Off Topic
In light of this and his reported demise, I am saddened.

This bring to mind - is there a decent Sail vessel computer game?