• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

1.02 patch for Panzer Battles Normandy - Released
11-14-2016, 11:49 AM,
RE: 1.02 patch for Panzer Battles Normandy - Released
Sorry for the problem guys, I just finished uploading a file that is correct. Please do the following:

Uninstall the existing Normandy game.
Delete the game folder and any residual files.
Download the patch again from here - http://www.johntillersoftware.com/update...02_upd.exe
Do a new install.
Run the update - make sure and use the Browse button to select the proper folder where the game is installed.

That should get you going again.

Regards,
Rich
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2016, 03:14 PM,
You may wish to remove the reference to selecting the Kursk folder in the opening text popup,  that might freak out a few people  Smile

Thanks for the great work with the patch!  cheers
11-14-2016, 05:26 PM,
Thanks Rich

No plan survives contact  Wink
11-14-2016, 08:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2016, 08:52 PM by RichG.)
I think I've found a small bug...

In the (Scenario) File Selection Dialogue, selecting 'Status - New (By Length)' doesn't re-order the scenario list. And both the 'Status - Old' options just give a blank list.
11-14-2016, 09:01 PM,
Thanks guys, keep the feedback coming - there will be an "a" patch in a few days. David & Berto will be monitoring things and will catch anything you post here.
11-14-2016, 09:10 PM,
(11-14-2016, 08:51 PM)RichG Wrote: I think I've found a small bug...

In the (Scenario) File Selection Dialogue, selecting 'Status - New (By Length)' doesn't re-order the scenario list.  And both the 'Status - Old' options just give a blank list.

The Status - New (by Length) bug was mentioned before, and acknowledged.

See here

Sorry, we will fix it in future updates.

As for Status - Old, it only lists save files (.btl etc.) in the new saves folder.  Check to see if your old save files are still in your top-level game folder.  If so, cut-and-paste them into the saves folder instead.
11-14-2016, 11:12 PM,
I have identified, and fixed, the File Selection sort New by Length bug.  Fix available in the next update(s).
11-14-2016, 11:57 PM,
(11-14-2016, 09:10 PM)berto Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 08:51 PM)RichG Wrote: I think I've found a small bug...

In the (Scenario) File Selection Dialogue, selecting 'Status - New (By Length)' doesn't re-order the scenario list.  And both the 'Status - Old' options just give a blank list.

The Status - New (by Length) bug was mentioned before, and acknowledged.

See here

Sorry, we will fix it in future updates.

As for Status - Old, it only lists save files (.btl etc.) in the new saves folder.  Check to see if your old save files are still in your top-level game folder.  If so, cut-and-paste them into the saves folder instead.

Sorry, I missed that it was mentioned in the other thread.   

And the Status - Old is working fine now I've moved my save files.

Thanks.
11-15-2016, 12:41 AM,
(11-14-2016, 11:12 PM)berto Wrote: I have identified, and fixed, the File Selection sort New by Length bug.  Fix available in the next update(s).

Thank You!
11-15-2016, 12:55 PM,
(11-14-2016, 03:14 PM)Chris Merchant Wrote: You may wish to remove the reference to selecting the Kursk folder in the opening text popup,  that might freak out a few people  Smile

Thanks for the great work with the patch!  cheers

Hi,

Yes - we're aware of this. We had to revert back to the first version of the Normandy patch (with the 'Kursk' & 'blank space' error) when I screwed up the second version trying to fix those two issues!

We will get this all cleaned up as Rich says with a new 1.02 version that will have any other niggles we find in the meantime.

I can claim  to be a novice for this patch release but not so going forward!

David