• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Victory Dialog values question
11-10-2016, 12:18 AM,
Victory Dialog values question
I noticed the values for casualties are not the same for Allied losses and Axis losses.

In Tiller's other games that I play (Civil War and Napoleonic) the values are identical.

Why is that?
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2016, 01:03 AM,
RE: Victory Dialog values question
It varies between scenarios, I believe, depending on how the designer figures the losses count. I notice, for example, that German infantry losses are normally worth more than Russian - I assume because the Germans had less men to spare. Similarly, a dead Tiger is worth more than a dead T34, normally, I think. Again (quality issues aside) the Russians usually had more materiel, so to beat them you must knock out more is the rough idea (I think). I think it works well, though I'm no expert.

Peter
11-10-2016, 03:43 PM,
Actually, the points for losses depend on the individual unit ratings where the losses occur. So across sides, if the quality, firepower, etc values and capabilities are identical, the points per loss are identical. It is system calculated and no changeable, unfortunately.

For example, a man lost from a B quality units is worth a bit more than a man in a C unit. An HA strength of 6 range 12 is worth less than a 25/12. An engineer with the same ratings as a regular infantry unit is worth more. Any difference like this results in a value difference.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
11-10-2016, 05:57 PM,
Ah! Thanks Rick. That makes sense.

Peter
11-11-2016, 12:20 AM,
interesting.............thanks for your analysis.