• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Any experience runaway troops "paralyzing" a halftrack?
11-07-2016, 12:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-07-2016, 01:00 PM by pontaeus.)
Any experience runaway troops "paralyzing" a halftrack?
This happened to me once previously playing CMRT. A german infantry unit had a team leader run away during the loading process. The AWOL leader never returned and, in fact, kind of wandered toward the enemy. I wasn't able to move the halftrack nor unload the squad. They were essentially neutralized for the rest of the game.
The same thing just happened in CMBN with an American halftrack. I was loading up two units (both somewhat shot up) and this time two soldiers went AWOL. 
There appears to be a serious bug with a risk of a runaway soldier when loading halftracks and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing.
Thanks,
Pont
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2016, 12:51 AM,
RE: Any experience runaway troops "paralyzing" a halftrack?
Yes, that has happened from time to time. Many have been reported and fixed - the message I have received is that sometimes corner cases in the routing code cause this and they can be fixed when they are found. The occurrence of this type of thing has been diminishing since first release but clearly it's not all gone. If you hit this, you can save the game and send me a PM with a drop box link (or other way to dl it) and I can report it. Do you have a PBEM file or save game for this current CMBN issue? If you do please share it. I would also need the following:

1) the version of the game you are playing. The latest for CMBN is 3.12 - is that what you are playing?
2) the identity of the unit in question
3) the password for the PBEM file if that applies
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
Quote this message in a reply